Posts: 27 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Accra Ghana
Sorry if this link has been posted here, mod pls merge w/ any that already exists.

Tommy Ahonnin has this interesting post on why it beats common sense everything Nokia's Steven Elop has done to date.

Read it for yourself

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sinaisix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I didn't have time to read Tomi's latest rant completly, but he seems to be saying that Elop is making dumb decisions, not that he is a trojan horse.

Last edited by Rauha; 2011-07-06 at 13:29.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Accra Ghana
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
I didn't have time read Tomi's latest rant completly, but he seems to be saying that Elop is making dumb decisions, not that he is a trojan horse.
I did not say the article said so. What I was implying was that every single decision he's made has not been in Nokia's interest looking at those common sense questions.

His decisions not being in Nokia's interests makes him a MS trojan horse sent in to destroy the mobile giant...or at best to hand it over to Redmond on a silver platter...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sinaisix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, US
The decisions he has made are truly surprising and to an outsider it is not comprehensible how they could be in the best interest for Nokia.

For me, the fact that the Nokia board is not acting (firing Elop) is even more surprising. This can only mean that

a) They don't care / don't do their job

b) They have information we don't have and for them Elop's decisions make sense

In the case of b) I would really like to know what the "grand strategy" behind all this is.. let's know this information becomes available sometime (hint: there is always WikiLeaks).

The Following User Says Thank You to pinsh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Hmm... I was expecting to read about the types of woods used and the size of hidden compartments, when you mentioned there were proofs to this silly claim.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by sinaisix View Post
I did not say the article said so. What I was implying was that every single decision he's made has not been in Nokia's interest looking at those common sense questions.

His decisions not being in Nokia's interests makes him a MS trojan horse sent in to destroy the mobile giant...or at best to hand it over to Redmond on a silver platter...
I'll add two more options with less tinfoil.

C. He is just stupid guy making dumb decisions

D. I'm wrong and he is brilliant. Nokia will make truckloads of money, get new friends and make out with pretty girls.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nokia might win a few percent in US with win7. But will lose everywhere else. So they will not make out with pretty girls any time soon.

If I would go to city center and ask 5000 people what os the were using. I'm sure that max five people use win phone. It can also be 0. But I think one ore two still have hd2.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-07-06 at 10:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Nokia might win a few percent in US with win7. But will lose everywhere else. So they will not make out with pretty girls any time soon.
They just need to catch that few percents of americans that can be classified as pretty girls.

Last edited by Rauha; 2011-07-06 at 10:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Trojan horse or not isn't the point, the real question is how valuable to Nokia Elop is. The more i see of him, the less i think he's worth. He repeatedly refuses to answer questions in interviews and just repeats himself about wat Nokia will offer to WP7. I'm amazed his grand plan includes handing over Nokia's software assets to HTC and Samsung for WP7 handsets. I'm stunned he cancelled the AT&T launch, effectively damaging Nokia's American relations for more years to come. We know his 'one meego phone a year' line is BS because they've already made two of them and the software is clearly able to go in more devices.

I do like that Elop is moving things along at a faster rate, but the problem is he's moving them in a bad direction very fast. Nokia needs to keep Symbian in the mid-range and get MeeGo out to the high end.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Ahonen is always spot on and funny. That doesn't mean he is correct though or that he even has the fact straight. For instance, the N8 sold lots and lots, and still do. But how much did the development cost, and how long did it take to develop and so on?

Elop has said no more MeeGo. Harmattan is not MeeGo, Maemo is not MeeGo. I can't recall Nokia has ever really stated no more Maemo.

Tags
balmer was here, e6 rox, elop rox, elop snopp, elop's fool, the elop flop