Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2007
just like the archos. with the archos you can also record tv. nothing special about this device.

GP2X is nothing like an Archos. It's an open source linux gaming device, it's pretty quick for what it is and has a massive range of emulators, anything from MAME to Atari 2600 is almost completely 100% perfect, even a few PSX games work at very playable speeds.
It plays Xvid movies extremely well due to built in hardware that allows full screen 700MB vids to play at full speed and even be played through a TV (and the emulators too)

The new F200 seems exactly the same as the older F100 except the touch screen and better D-Pad, No-one knows about other little improvements. Maybe not worth the upgrade if you already have a GP2X but I think it's gonna be the same price as the original so worth waiting if you're thinking of planning on getting a GP2X.

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2007
I read about the GP2X - its not all that. Old technology, emulators for old cummy arcade games, no widescreen, no internal storage(you have to use hacked firmware to use SHDC), 64MB Rom, slow CPU. Unless I really can't wait to get home to play an old MAME game on my PC then I'll stick to my 4.3 widescreen Archos to watch videos and record from any video source and be able to upgrade the hard drive to 160GB. Sure the GP2X has linux, big deal - so does my N800, and that works like a piece of sh*t.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Earl00, you've made a good investment with your Archos. No need to put down other people/devices to justify your purchase. Shoving it down other people's throats was also unnecessary.

Nice to see that the GP2X gang still hasn't figured out wi-fi and bluetooth.
No wonder sales of this thing are slow.

Originally Posted by iball View Post
Nice to see that the GP2X gang still hasn't figured out wi-fi and bluetooth.
No wonder sales of this thing are slow.
I have a GP2X MK2 and I love it, there is a hack for SDHC and Wireless.

If this version have built in SDHC and Wireless I may think about buying it, but without I'll stay with my GP2X MK2 this is a real lose....

The thing that the 2x has going for it is the many great emulators. It's a shame they didn't release this new design a year ago. Anyway, if you want portable emulation, the GP2X is where to get it. Nothing else comes close. It's a decent PMP, too.

Two of the main distributors for the 2x are working on their own device. It will have wifi, built-in keyboard, and other features that the community has been requesting for years. Look for news on it around the end of the year.