I would buy that t-shirt
But I don't see t-shirt perks yet

I really hope they succeed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

If I count properly, people bought about
5000+1250+1250+1075+9+2+20+266+4=8876
phones, hence there are almost 5000 other founders. Quite impressive, but still this is probably a small part of this 6,4M number.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-07-26 at 12:03.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Follow the ubuntu campaign on your android(if you have one )

Visit google play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tuedgefounding

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Canonical posted an announcement 15 minutes ago
Ubuntu Edge Referral Contest

Hi everyone

So many of you have been busy spreading the word that we’ve passed the $6 million mark already. To keep that momentum going, we want to give you a special incentive.

Welcome to the Ubuntu Edge Referral Contest!

Whether you’ve contributed $20 or $2,000, you all have the chance to win something extra special: a personalised Ubuntu Edge phone engraved with your name.

Of course, for this prize to exist the campaign has to hit its target, so here’s what we want you to do.

HOW TO ENTER

1) Make sure you’re logged in to Indiegogo.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge/x/4036946

2) Get your unique “Share This Campaign” link from the Ubuntu Edge page (just below the video), and share it via social media, email or any other method you can think of. Click the Embed and Email buttons for simple instructions to add an Ubuntu Edge widget to your website or email signature.

3) Every time someone clicks your link or widget and then contributes money to the campaign, you’ve made a successful referral.

THE RULES

You have one week. The person who drives the most money in referral contributions between now and 4.00pm BST on Friday 2 August will win this great prize. (Prize is conditional on the Ubuntu Edge being fully funded.)

Every extra backer takes us closer to our goal, and by taking part you’ll be playing a vital role in getting the Ubuntu Edge made.

Thanks and good luck!
The Ubuntu Edge team

It starts to be a spam campaign?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
It starts to be a spam campaign?
Yes, It's a campagin. It's up to the users to decided what to do. If you want to spam your friends, do it, if you don't, don't

Morpog...click this link:
http://www.indiegogo.com/project/461046/widget/4036946

UPDATED SPEC: specs now read "11-pin connector providing simultaneous MHL and USB OTG" Nice

instead of just MHL.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-07-26 at 14:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Any mention of Dual-band Wifi N (or Wifi Direct)?
That's the prerequisite for Miracast.

It would be much better using the microUSB port for some HOST peripherals, and simply mirroring the HD screen of the phone to a HD TV/Projector. Particularly with a cheap and small dongle that slots into the HDMI port.

I'm flattered

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Any mention of Dual-band Wifi N (or Wifi Direct)?
That's the prerequisite for Miracast.

It would be much better using the microUSB port for some HOST peripherals, and simply mirroring the HD screen of the phone to a HD TV/Projector. Particularly with a cheap and small dongle that slots into the HDMI port.
It has been suggested in the in the chat, but too many ideas and suggestions are launched there.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I think I would rather gamble and spend $1000 to buy stock in such company than preorder the phone. Then when they finally make a phone I really want I could buy it using profits, assuming that is the case, from the investment!

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Bought one. At least they ship to Canada, unline certain other phones I am waiting for

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post: