Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Thunderdome65 View Post
maybe a viber , skype and facebook messenger would be nice
??????????????????????

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
maybe a viber , skype and facebook messenger would be nice
Nice April Fool, that
You almost got me there....

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
My current quick update based on actually used programs:

-Flopswap -> to check and control your SWAP space fragmentation in case you have an SD card with two swap partitions. User monitoring swap space status keeps performance high!

-Skype -> N900 is the only device on which it still works without "upgrade+agree to new policies" what's Microsoft up to, allowing it on N900 without ads, link to MS account?

-Cutetube -> downloading and watching Youtube / Dailymotion etc..

-Easy Debian -> Libreoffice when you need it. Never mind slowness during start-up that can take up to a minute. Trying to control this software on a modern touch screen phone is the much more frustrating user experience.

-MStardict

-Orechiette - sound record everything interviews meetings, internet radio etc..

-Recaller - auto record phone calls, still works for me. Orechiette has this option too but did not try it yet.

-Pierogi - > to use the IR sender for controlling TV's and stereo equipment.

-QSpot -> spotify streaming music client

-Fahrplan -> for quickly and conveniently checking train schedules in Europe

-Alarmed -> personally I use this to switch 3G to 2.5G after an hour in order to save battery and change to silent profile from 10pm to 6am and back.

-FBReader -> to read ePub formatted books

-mBarcode -> to scan barcodes for quick internet lookup

-Frontview -> excellent document scanner , designating cropping area with stylus is a joy.

-Sleeper - widget that allows the stock media player to auto mute after certain time

Also installed, more as background or when needed:

Midnight commander, Tracker Cfg, Wifieye, Xournal, Leafpad, Flappy Bird, Conky, Tor Status applet, Orientation Lock status applet, Mobile data modus status applet, Brightness status applet, Modrana.

My thanks to the developpers involved in creating and maintaining this software.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
sorry new in here , tought here is about suggesting which apps would be nice to have

The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderdome65 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
sorry new in here , tought here is about suggesting which apps would be nice to have
yes.
(10chars)

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That is correct. The [M5] tag in the subject indicates that this thread is about the N900 (yes, I realize the tagging is not exactly intuitive).

Of your suggestions, Skype is on the N900 out of the box. I have no idea about the other two.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
facebook too, viber will (most probably) never happen

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
well...ste-phan...not quite ...

"-Skype -> N900 is the only device on which it still works without "upgrade+agree to new policies" what's Microsoft up to, allowing it on N900 without ads, link to MS account?"

Skype still works fine on the n8x0's...(not to yell that too loud lest the M$ demons come and take it all away... )

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following User Says Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ New Caledonia
Waze - Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app.
TeamViewer - Proprietary, but very handy VNC viewer.

+1 for Skype.
Viber - A skype-like (but more handy). [Maybe one day ]
Linphone - A VOIP app.

A tracker (if your phone gets lost or stolen).
A QR-code reader.

The "Littré" - Open-source XML dictionnary for french people.

Sybu XBMC - Remote control XBMC.
A DLNA Player.

Jamendo app - Free music.
SoundHound or Shazam - Recognize a music by singing it or recording it.
+1 for an ebook reader

That's what I'd like to use on linux phones...

I believe this thread is for which currently existing apps are deemed to be must have - there are other threads for what we'd like to see.

For me, at the moment, I'd sat anyone without Qalendar, shortcutd, Camera Lens Launcher and Phone Speaker Switcher is not getting the most out of their n900.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:

Tags
applications, best apps, fremantle, list, maemo, maemo 5, most useful, recommended, superlative, top, top apps