Active Topics

Hi,

I'm trying to get Evopedia working on my new N9. I've grabbed the sources (it's written in Qt), and am trying to get it to compile. It compiles/runs on the desktop, and, interestingly enough, it also works in the N9 emulator.

But when I try to run it on my actual phone, the compilation craps out with a error that it can't find bzlib.h. This is a bit odd - where do I get the library, or how to I get it into the toolchain? (I have the QtSDK installed)

Any ideas?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prhone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
I'm waiting for evopedia also. But I don't know how to do it.

prhone and I are working on it, if someone want to help here's the git repo https://github.com/Iktwo/evopedia we need to redo the ui for harmattan

prhone has worked a lot in the port, I helped with the UI and here's the result a working 0.1.0 version, you need to provide .evopediarc configuration file and the dump.

link: http://iktwo.wikidot.com/local--file....1.0_armel.deb

Last edited by Iktwo; 2012-02-14 at 18:40. Reason: Added download link

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Iktwo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
That is the missing piece of my N9 (offline maps, offline mails, offline wikipedia), thank you for your work

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
[QUOTE=Iktwo;1164704]prhone has worked a lot in the port, I helped with the UI and here's the result a working 0.1.0 version, you need to provide .evopediarc configuration file and the dump.

Hello!

I've installed "evopedia_0.4.3-meego1_armel.deb" and how can I add configuration file and the dump now?

Thanks for now.

what is evopedia, can someone give me a briefing about it.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
what is evopedia, can someone give me a briefing about it.
In short: evopedia provides off-line access to wikipedia (without pictures), so you can read articles when you travel abroad, on the plane, etc..

You need to get a wikipedia dump (a file containing all of wikipedia's text content at a given time, for a give language), which takes several GB. But then, with nokia offline maps and wikipedia offline, it transforms your smartphone into a very awesome tourism guide.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Is that because it is using bzip to compress the files? I tried to unzip a .bz (bzip) file the other day on the N9 and it didn't work, i.e. bzip isn't installed. So, if someone knows how to install bzip then this should work.

hi

Did anyone test this?
i have tested but it is not working .
where should we download dump files? and what is dump files format?
i have downloaded a dump file with .dat format and have configured the config file , but the app is not working .

The Following User Says Thank You to MaKenZi For This Useful Post: