Active Topics

Notices

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
@buzzonme

I thank Vlad's on leave now, so it may be a while before he can respond.

I just installed 0.5.7, enabled show icon on event screen (completed download of addon), lock screen, standby screen.. then decided I don't want it shown on the lock screen or standby screen, disabled both, but it still shows on the lock screen - standby screen was disabled successfully.

I've tried rebooting, uninstalling the event screen addon, reinstalling, but the widget is still there on the lock screen.

Then I uninstalled the whole app... still there.
I rebooted... it's still there! With last updated info too, even though the app has already been uninstalled!

Please help~

ADD: And yes, I uninstalled Accuweather and rebooted just in case before I installed Meecast.

Originally Posted by mmeow View Post
I just installed 0.5.7, enabled show icon on event screen (completed download of addon), lock screen, standby screen.. then decided I don't want it shown on the lock screen or standby screen, disabled both, but it still shows on the lock screen - standby screen was disabled successfully.

I've tried rebooting, uninstalling the event screen addon, reinstalling, but the widget is still there on the lock screen.

I rebooted... it's still there! With last updated info too, even though the app has already been uninstalled!

Please help~

ADD: And yes, I uninstalled Accuweather and rebooted just in case before I installed Meecast.
I had the same problem. I think changing the setting in the app and rebooting eventually did it for me (got rid of the lock screen icon). It might be that I changed also themes within the app. I believe the problem was, that for some reason the lock screen 'icon' wasn't being 'refreshed'..

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Just got the new version 0.5.8.

FYI, in the bom.gov.au weather source, the state Victoria does not contain Adelaide (South AUS) , Brisbane(QLD), Broome (WA), Darwin(NT), Hobart(TAS), Newcastle(NSW), Perth(WA), Sydney(NSW), Townsville(QLD)!

These cities are located around Australia, not in Victoria.

Also, in Melbourne, I have on main screen a cloud icon with rain on it and underneath it, text saying Dry Day.

Thanks for a super app though :-)

Originally Posted by mmeow View Post

Please help~

I had the same issues, but this solved them for me. I checked in the wallpaper settings and found I had 2 versions of the same lockscreen wallpaper, one with the Meecast weather on it (not created by me) and one without. I changed back to the plain version. The wallpaper with Meecast disappeared. Now i'm not sure if this is related as I was playing with various other settings prior, but my phone rebooted and took a while to power back up. But when it did and it had fixed the lockscreen problem.

PS I didn't uninstall the app I just turn off the unwanted features.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by skyjumper View Post
Just got the new version 0.5.8.

FYI, in the bom.gov.au weather source, the state Victoria does not contain Adelaide (South AUS) , Brisbane(QLD), Broome (WA), Darwin(NT), Hobart(TAS), Newcastle(NSW), Perth(WA), Sydney(NSW), Townsville(QLD)!

These cities are located around Australia, not in Victoria.
Yeah I pointed all this out after the last update but they seem to have missed it.
They did get rid of the extraneous "Australia" entry though, maybe next update

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-06-02 at 14:10.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
@vasvlad

I tested a new version, but I found when everytime i click the weather icon in event view, It opens, but only show current information. I need to click refresh manually to show the others day information, source is hko.gov.hk

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Novosibirsk, Russia
Cannot update to 0.5.8: constantly getting size mismatch problem - expected 11.3M, downloaded size is 11.1M. How to fix this issue? Already tried via store, via Applications management and via apt-get install. No luck so far

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
@vasvlad

I tested a new version, but I found when everytime i click the weather icon in event view, It opens, but only show current information. I need to click refresh manually to show the others day information, source is hko.gov.hk
Hi

I confirm this bug. It will be fixed in version 0.5.9 of MeeCast

Vlad.

Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
Possible bug?

I currently have MeeCast 0.5.5 installed and am observing some strange behaviour when updating the location Liechtenstein/Schaan from Weather.com. The weather data will not update on the first (manual) try but it will take several tries (for example like 5 to 10) before the data is updated. IIRC this behaviour started with some earlier version (2 to 4 versions back, can't tell for sure). I first put it down to weather.com acting up but now have used OMWeather on the N900 which promptly and reliably updates the same location on the first try while the MeeCast on the N9 fails at the same time.
V 0.5.8
I still have the above problem (but less frequent).

German translation:
- On the now-subpage the "humidity"-field shows temperature in degrees celsius
- "Last actualized" text is cut off (last letter "g")
- Same for Windspeed (also day/night sub-page)
- On the day-subpage "windspeed" overwrites "risk of precipitation" label (text too long)
- On night-subpage there is air-humidity and humidity, the last one showing temperature in degree celcius.

Tags
forecast, meecast, omweather, weather