I need some help. I am worried that my phone might be dead, which would really be a super bummer. I had downloaded nokia software updater to reinstall pr 1.3, but somehow during this process the program lost the device, i had like 80 % battery when i attemted it. After nokia software updater said it had lost the device, it said that i should try to recover it, but the steps it said to do did not work...it failed after trying to recover.

Did i brick my phone? Is all lost? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can anybody chime in here? My searches don't really turn anything useful up, and the only other method i have found to reinstall the os software is using maemo 5 flasher....but when i plug the usb into the computer while simultaneously holding down u....the flasher 3.5 doesnt seem to recognize the device.

I am really worried i have trashed my phone....all i wanted to do was put maemo back to stock....but now i cant even use my phone...can anybody help?

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
What OS are you using when you are doing the reflash?

If it is a 64-bit OS, try this:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...reflash&page=6

The Following User Says Thank You to coderedcomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
What OS are you using when you are doing the reflash?

If it is a 64-bit OS, try this:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...reflash&page=6
It is a 64bit OS, specifically windows 7, I followed the process described in that post, but my question now is;

what should i do to now attempt a reflash of maemo? should i use nokia software updater, or try the method of using maemo flasher along with the downloaded bins like on this site...

http://mynokiablog.com/2010/01/03/ho...et-nokia-n900/

I really, really, don't want to brick my phone if it isnt already beyond hope, and would greatly appreciate any recommendations if anyone has them.

Thank you again by the way.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ st.helens,merseyside
if it doesnt boot up then you cant use nsu.
I could never get maemo flasher to work using windows 7.but it flashes easily every time using windows xp or vista.

The Following User Says Thank You to thumbs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thumbs View Post
if it doesnt boot up then you cant use nsu.
I could never get maemo flasher to work using windows 7.but it flashes easily every time using windows xp or vista.
I have read a little bit from that other thread, and it seems like this may be the issue...i will have to get my hands on a 32 bit xp machine and try to fix this later i guess.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ st.helens,merseyside
dont forget to use a fully charged battery,

The Following User Says Thank You to thumbs For This Useful Post:
Right, I dunno, what do you think the status of my phone is right now? I have no idea why the initial go failed, but as of right now, i cannot turn my phone on...it goes into usb mode alright it seems....icon in top right, with the nokia background...but all i get is a continuous repeat of the grey dots if i try to turn it on, it wont boot into maemo...do you think my phone will be alright?

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
noticed a lot of new users failing to use search and starting another duplicate thread FFS use GOOGLE and add maemo or maemo.org to your search!

In my defense as far as the search goes...i did perform a couple, but nothing useful came up, i had no idea the issue was an OS incompatibility as opposed to something with the phone.