Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
In all honesty, I doubt any company has ever really been so pressured by an ultimatum issued by a small group of people as such.
I don't talk about giving ultimatum. And this is not some generic TMO bashing crap. I just talk about reality. Because it is bad if they don't respond coming week. At least for those who had payed fully.

For example what rules does indigogo have for paying out money to Jolla? So maybe Jolla need more money before they ever can start ship for real and have bills to pay at the same time *** money flowing out and the employers want they salary.

The longer it takes to ship the bigger problem Jolla has.

That's why I want responds, for their own sake, and again this has nothing to do with altimatum but it's hard being a company...

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I don't talk about giving ultimatum. And this is not some generic TMO bashing crap. I just talk about reality. Because it is bad if they don't respond coming week. At least for those who had payed fully.
You forget the amount of communication that went on while they were shipping the phones.

For example what rules does indigogo have for paying out money to Jolla? So maybe Jolla need more money before they ever can start ship for real and have bills to pay at the same time *** money flowing out and the employers want they salary.
Really? Companies the size of Jolla have the obligation to have reserves for critical things such as salary employees. No investor would give you money otherwise. You state an example that can happen to the small grocery shop down the road, not a company that received millions in investments.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Really? Companies the size of Jolla have the obligation to have reserves for critical things such as salary employees. No investor would give you money otherwise. You state an example that can happen to the small grocery shop down the road, not a company that received millions in investments.
Correct, they have to pay their salary before the bills to the factory's. But guess what? The factorys will definitivly not give them that much credit to deliver all devices. Especially not to a small company. And that could be a reason shipment is slow and sent in small batches... Or maybe worse, no money to deliver..

I don't say I am right. Actually I really hope I am totally wrong. But again if not those who has payed the VAT and still got no shipment status after almost 3 weeks sounds bad to me.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
But guess what? The factorys will definitivly not give them that much credit to deliver all devices. ... And that could be a reason shipment is slow and sent in small batches... Or maybe worse, no money to deliver..
Nah, they have likely done final hardware and software testing and fixing. When all the release criterias are passed, they will manually update the firmwares to the first batch of production tablets just like they did with the very first batch of phones. It will take some time to do it manually instead of at the factory line.

And then they will ship the production tablets to the first few hundred people which are also crash test dummies for testing the logistics. In the meanwhile the factory will do the final assembly and firmware installation to the rest of the production run.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Reality based on what? You not getting your tablet in the next 3 days?

For example what rules does indigogo have for paying out money to Jolla?
You can request a refund. Start with with that.

So maybe Jolla need more money before they ever can start ship for real and have bills to pay at the same time *** money flowing out and the employers want they salary.
And this is speculation. I thought we're dealing with reality...

The longer it takes to ship the bigger problem Jolla has.
I agree. The communication is hot and cold; mostly cold. They use vague words like "soon" and in marketing that is a serious no-no. My stance on the PR/marketing has always been the same, it's not being handled well.

It leads to "discussions" like this when the customer has gotten so fed up and now feel entitled to ultimatums. Sorry, you say that it's not, you're promising scorched earth if you don't get your tablet. That's an ultimatum in any language or sentiment.

That's why I want responds, for their own sake, and again this has nothing to do with altimatum but it's hard being a company...
Even though I sound contrarian; I think you're owed a response from Jolla. This process has created a bit of confusion that could be sorted out quickly. But at the same time, I do know that Jolla is working on sorting out things to ensure that the Tablet is a good thing for all that contributed, support or want an alternative to Google and iOS.

Simply put, good things come to those that wait if they have enough to grasp unto. This has not been the case fully with this process.

But anger is not going to resolve anything. Unless you want your refund; pursue that if you're that disgruntled.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by gerbick
I do know that Jolla is working on sorting out things to ensure that the Tablet is a good thing
Just wondering from your statement do you have privy to some information?

Last edited by heavyt; 2015-10-03 at 19:07.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
An excellent post, gerbick. I agree completely. Except for this bit:

It leads to "discussions" like this when the customer has gotten so fed up and now feel entitled to ultimatums. Sorry, you say that it's not, you're promising scorched earth if you don't get your tablet. That's an ultimatum in any language or sentiment.
The way I read it, mikecomputing was not threatening or promising Jolla anything. He was predicting what would happen. Hence the term "ultimatum" is not appropriate.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
Originally Posted by gerbick

Just wondering from your statement do you have privy to some information?
Nothing more than can be seen by the blog posts where they've changed the display and other announcements, the communication via Twitter and other outlets including TJC. Changes like that in hardware tend to mean a longer burn-in time due to changes in drivers, chipsets, embedded chipsets and the like. I've had enough experience with hardware to know that even the most minor change can cause havoc, even when you're dealing with ODM. One change usually means testing is has gone out the window and it starts anew.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
The way I read it, mikecomputing was not threatening or promising Jolla anything. He was predicting what would happen. Hence the term "ultimatum" is not appropriate.
My stance on ultimatums stands but you do have a point especially if I'm wrong in this regard. Reading back, I stand corrected.

Out of respect, I'll gladly apologize to mikecomputing for misinterpreting his sentiment and verbiage. Thanks for clarifying; it's appreciated.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Since 2.0 preview on the phone I am both a little bit disappointed by the new style as curious to try see if all these interface changes do work better for me on the tablet than they do on the phone.

Also noticed that it will take Jolla a lot of direction and focus during few more months to fix a few remaining inconsistencies in the 2.0 interface.

And if they listen to their community, to add personalization options (one of THE tag lines under Sailfish 2.0 description), especially for users that now need to revert inconvenient patching to get back parts of the elegance of the Jolla Sailfish 1.0 phone (remorse timers etc..).

Today I see no serious Jolla tablet reviews online.

IMO, it would not be a bad thing if the in dept reviews were to be based on the next update of Salfish 2.0.

As long as it is before Xmas.

The price we pay for a very good tablet experience is that the ultimate phone experience has shifted to the sidelines in a one size fits all OS that really makes Android the clumsy OS that it is. (but that is my opinion , I hear many people dig the 2.0 carousel, app launcher by full grid, tap cover actions)

So it better be delayed but excellent after all! As usual with software development, you don't see the progress until its done. These few thousand of tablets need to be a perfect business card for Jolla.

The tablets will catch the eye of semi interested bystanders much easier than the Jolla phone ever did.

In the big scheme, I trust Sailors at Jolla are working harder on perfecting Sailfish than anything else right now.

But anger is not going to resolve anything. Unless you want your refund; pursue that if you're that disgruntled.
You misunderstand my post! Again this is not ultimatum and I am not angry TMO basher. I am not even first one. As said in a earlier post, before this discussion, I don't expect my invite until end of october. But now I am starting to think it will not happen at all cause the first one has not get any response when looking at the posts at blog.jolla.com. That's why I start loosing hope.

if they don't post an update coming week I give up! I am not that guy who are desperate getting the money back. I just giving up they hopes on Jolla's Linux tablet.

History often repeats itself...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2015-10-04 at 09:30.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund