Notices

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Thanks.
Is it possible to make Iridion II playable?
And Golden Sun was playable with old version of emu, now exits randomly.

Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Found a small bug. Yoshi's Island doesn't load (nothing happens) because of '-character in its name. Renaming the rom helps get around it.
Thanks, I've fixed that and uploaded to the repositories as 3.1.2. Yep, it means that gpspm and gpspmgui have finally made it through the autobuilder and can be obtained from extras-devel.

Originally Posted by OMOIKANE View Post
Is it possible to make Iridion II playable?
And Golden Sun was playable with old version of emu, now exits randomly.
I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to fix bugs in the core of the emulator, but if I find some time, I might poke around it a bit or try to resolve it with the upstream. It would also be helpful if you could pinpoint the last version which was free of problems with Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
Not Lost Age, Lost Age is Golden Sun II. GSLA was always incompatible.
If i remember correctly, first Golden Sun was playable in gpsp from repos, before two latest updates here.
I think you can make something with game_config.txt, not with the core of emulator.
Sorry about bad english.

The Following User Says Thank You to OMOIKANE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to fix bugs in the core of the emulator, but if I find some time, I might poke around it a bit or try to resolve it with the upstream. It would also be helpful if you could pinpoint the last version which was free of problems with Golden Sun: The Lost Age.
It's been such a long time since I last came here on the community!
Was missing it, and today I came across my N900 sitting on my drawer, that bit of nostalgia brought me back here.

Anyway, I guess Golden Sun was never really playable due to some bios emulation problems? That on the official builds of gpSP.

Also, if you would like to take a look at some changes, notaz seems to be still working on this emulator, there are neon scaling features, if you have the time to implement that as an option...

If I ever have the time again, it will be a pleasure to help somehow.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luiscesjr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by OMOIKANE View Post
Not Lost Age, Lost Age is Golden Sun II. GSLA was always incompatible.
If i remember correctly, first Golden Sun was playable in gpsp from repos, before two latest updates here.
I think you can make something with game_config.txt, not with the core of emulator.
I played through a bit of the first Golden Sun and have not experienced any problems, maybe I should play more. The entry for this game in game_config.txt has not changed between gpspm 2.0.1-8 and 3.x, so I'm tempted to think that it is as luiscesjr says.

Originally Posted by luiscesjr View Post
Also, if you would like to take a look at some changes, notaz seems to be still working on this emulator, there are neon scaling features, if you have the time to implement that as an option...
I've already tried to hook them up and I can say that scale3x'd video looks on N900's screen so pretty that I couldn't take my eyes off it. However, I have encountered some problems with image tearing and have not managed to solve them. I'll try to upload an update somewhen around the weekend so that you can see how it performs for yourself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Same nostalgy as luiscesjr, and the worst is that I don't have the Nokia N900 anymore (a little bit ashamed to say that I switched to Android) but I'm happy to see that the community is still alive and I come here from times to times to see if there are new progress regarding Maemo. Anyway, keep on making this community alive. I miss the N900 but in 2013, it's a little bit hard to find it new in a new package but who knows... ??? :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
gpspm with NEON scalers and the accompanying version of gpspmgui have just arrived to the repositories. The option is called Filters and is independent from Scale. Scale3x filter changes to scale2x when playing in portrait. For scale3x you need at last 500 MHz, but scale2x (filter) + triple scale (scale) seems to be playable even at 250 MHz, if you want to save the battery and think that it looks better than with no filter at all.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
where are the saved states located in the new version?

it used to be at /opt/maemo/usr/games/ and I have a bunch of *0.svs files saved there but they won't load

tested quick save/load and it works, but just doesn't seem to save there anymore and I don't know where to place my old saved states files.

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
@gidzzz

New version looks great, working like a charm too. I wanted to implement an opition to the emu, when I have the code ready, may I send you? I won't have the time to do it, porting it from MIPS will already eat my free time hehe, it's an anaglyph 3D rendering code, I thought it could look interesting.

Pardon my ignorance if am wrong, but IMO it does not make any sense. How many people are going to fall for fake 3D and put funny glasses on to play games in distorted colors, at the cost of increased overhead? It would be a waste of system resources and your time.

Or do you have something better in mind, like offsetting the background layers provided by GBA hardware?

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
emulators, games