Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by SovietStriker View Post
Yo Pali thanks alot for the port. Just 2 questions

1. How come in single player the resources (crystals and gas) are always 50,000 even when set to low?

2. Is there anyway to change maps or will this be implemented in the future?
1. sorry I do not know... I only port desktop version
2. Stratagus has support for Map Editor. But I do not have time to create Map Editor in Stargus. You can use original Starcraft Map Editor and use scmconvert application which convert original Starcraft Map for Stargus. If you are interested in you can join to ~stratagus team on launchpad

Originally Posted by Kapotmaken View Post
Can anyone help me explain how to install stargus? I tried the OP thread countless times and i just cant get it working this is what I do:

I downloaded and installed stargus and stratagus on my n900.

Then i extract the sc1 data to Mydocs and renew stargus.

The data is getting extracted which takes very long, after this a message says ``data succesfuly extracted``.

Stargus is now available in the menu but when you run it it shuts down after +- 5 seconds.

I go to X terminal type in: sudo gainroot followed by: apt-get install Stargus.

Terminals asks for the location which in reply I type: MyDocs/stratagus/stargus, the answer to this is permission denied.

I have no clue what im doing wrong can anyone please help?
Stargus now extract data to MyDocs (instead /opt). See updated install instructions.

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
@Pali
Hello but is there a way we could use only a config file for pointing the location of stargus & wargus?
Well I don't want my MyDocs fogged with unsupported files so its really good for me to put it inside opt or home folder (I modified my home folder thats why )
Also tracker is a pain when all those files are in MyDocs so is my media player photo app are messed up.
You can use tracker-cfg to configure watching directories. Starcraft data are now extracted to MyDocs, but stargus executable can read data from /opt/stratagus/share/stargus and /home/user/MyDocs/stratagus/stargus together. (So you can move files from MyDocs... but do not spam me if it not working... is is not supported way )

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Hello,

First of all thanks Pali for Wargus It's great!.

I have a small problem. When I play on a custom scenario, with map of 128x128, and make save during game I can't load it later. Wargus crashes. I can load only the very first save... maybe it has insufficient memory, or too many units...?

I unistalled wargus, cleaned memory, made some more space, installed again. It didn't help.

Another thing, it often happens that when I enter menu whie playing game and try to load another saved game the program hangs.

As far as I played campaigns they worked perfectly, maybe because they aren't that big.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Netherlands
@pali

I followed the instructions on the main page exactly as it is written.
But still stargus keeps shutting after a few seconds, why doesnt it work?

start stargus from xterm and write here output

Originally Posted by pali View Post
start stargus from xterm and write here output
I just typed in: start stargus.
The output says: start: Unknown job: stargus

Maybe I should add that Im terrible with xterminal and have no clue how it works.

thx for your support btw.

run:
Code:
stargus

Originally Posted by pali View Post
1. sorry I do not know... I only port desktop version
2. Stratagus has support for Map Editor. But I do not have time to create Map Editor in Stargus. You can use original Starcraft Map Editor and use scmconvert application which convert original Starcraft Map for Stargus. If you are interested in you can join to ~stratagus team on launchpad

Stargus now extract data to MyDocs (instead /opt). See updated install instructions.

You can use tracker-cfg to configure watching directories. Starcraft data are now extracted to MyDocs, but stargus executable can read data from /opt/stratagus/share/stargus and /home/user/MyDocs/stratagus/stargus together. (So you can move files from MyDocs... but do not spam me if it not working... is is not supported way )
Thanks! Don't worry i'm not a spammer..(you can see my post count and compare it to the time I joined here)
And if it won't work then i guess I have no choice but to move it to MyDocs too bad no symlinking on vfat
And again I said I modified my home partition so which means I have little space now on MyDocs...

Last edited by Radicalz38; 2011-01-27 at 21:22.

@pali

The output says: stargus: not found

/opt/stratagus/bin/stargus

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
Who's up for a multi player game?
Debian

Tags
starcraft, stargus, stratagus