Active Topics

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Is there any theme maker tool for harmattan?

Is it possible to adapt Maemo Theme Maker for n9/950?

Maybe just skip the graphic UI and keep only the packager to compile the theme in a deb file and then change it with theme changer

The Maemo Theme Maker looks pretty good and i think that there wouldn't be many differences between meego and maemo

Last edited by flotron; 2012-06-06 at 23:22.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
as of now there isn't a theme maker. you may wish to adapt such an app as i'm sure more designers will then get involved.

however, if you currently wish to make a theme, have a look at ceroberts' themes (black75, cyan75) and F2thak's F.D.B. Themes.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Mariano, hru bro? looking forward for themes for me
nice to see you here
anyhow, i may try to write this app for win (assembled with masm32, or, python2.6)
so, who want to participate...and/or have infos....

regards

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wook_sf For This Useful Post:
wook! my friend, it seems that the ex-symbians we are regrouping here .

I can't help you coding, but count on me with anything else: graphics, testing, etc. the only thing i know is where is theme folder (like this tutorial says).

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel

Originally Posted by flotron View Post
wook! my friend, it seems that the ex-symbians we are regrouping here .

I can't help you coding, but count on me with anything else: graphics, testing, etc. the only thing i know is where is theme folder (like this tutorial says).
hehe, not Ex not even close :P
ok, so far, heres plan:
i'll take few themes and see what files are there and where do they belong in ui...
.if ASM:
i hope i will not have to use Cairo library (svg library) but only png/jpg/bmp....if so, i will need someone to "help" me up with cairo to build header and library files....(tried before...didn't worked well)
it will be built only for windows since i am not power user of linux and don't know much about coding on it
.elseif python:
i will need help from linux users, because i would love to make it compatible with both win and nux, so i will need to know what's best choice of UI library to use (gtk/tkinter....)
.endif

i can design it like resource editor or like carbide.ui (so you have preview of how it will look on device...)
yes, source will be public but not till it's really ready for theme cooking
another thing...i am finally happy that i have some project for MeeGo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wook_sf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Are you in ZogG? any experience in ASM or Py?

Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
hehe, not Ex not even close :P
ok, so far, heres plan:
i'll take few themes and see what files are there and where do they belong in ui...
.if ASM:
i hope i will not have to use Cairo library (svg library) but only png/jpg/bmp....if so, i will need someone to "help" me up with cairo to build header and library files....(tried before...didn't worked well)
it will be built only for windows since i am not power user of linux and don't know much about coding on it
.elseif python:
i will need help from linux users, because i would love to make it compatible with both win and nux, so i will need to know what's best choice of UI library to use (gtk/tkinter....)
.endif

i can design it like resource editor or like carbide.ui (so you have preview of how it will look on device...)
yes, source will be public but not till it's really ready for theme cooking
another thing...i am finally happy that i have some project for MeeGo
Awesome!

By the way.. i was thinking the other day that the n9 use only bitmap icons. I will test what happens if i replace it with an SVG one

Originally Posted by flotron View Post
Awesome!

By the way.. i was thinking the other day that the n9 use only bitmap icons. I will test what happens if i replace it with an SVG one
icons can be in svg, i tested, but idk does backgrounds can be svgs too, probably they can

I've been testing the icons with differents formats, canvas size, file size and the phone behave pretty friendly with them (in the picture the icons looks smaller because the canvas background is bigger).

Just to standarize the svg icons should be 80x80 without canvas space in the borders.

What about the base elements? work only in developer mode?

I used fileboxroot to have root access with GUI to copy the theme folder and is pretty fast and handfull to avoid the terminal typing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post: