Active Topics

Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
interesting. I'm sure the Canola developers will show up here soon and report. They're been pretty good in the past about engaging with maemo community to let them know what's up.
I've posted a bug report and got feedback, that they are already working on it ;-)

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5279

Last edited by astuermer; 2009-10-06 at 22:11.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by astuermer View Post
I've posted a bug report and got feedback, that they are already working on it ;-)
SWEET! I can't wait to upgrade and see what the hype is all about (minus not being able to listen to music or watch videos... pretty much it's entire purpose!) Thank you for submitting that!

Looks like there is a new version out, but we need hildon-imf-ecore to be uploaded to the repo to install.

Another update ... and I cannot install it (on Diablo). It requires missing hildon-imf-ecode (>=0.1.3)

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bulgaria
my too hildon-imf-ecode (>=0.1.3) ?

Haven't tried it myself, but I've updated the bug report... hopefully it gets fixed soon. The new UI looks great ;-)

Bug-Update from Eduardo Lima: Not quite related to the bug itself, but it's holding the installation of rc3, which should fix the playback issue. I haven't been able to get the hildon-imf-ecore package built yet. Working on this.

Last edited by astuermer; 2009-10-07 at 12:31.

Seems the latest RC3 release fixed the problem. Audio and video now playing.

But can anyone confirm, generating video-thumbnails and audio covers does work or not? - For me it doesn't.

Yes, at least you can play mp3 now.

Covers did not work for me either. The logic behind albums recognition is still broken.

And actually when I tried to merge albums, I could not play music any more - I got black message box "Killing everything..." (scary one!)

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Montreal, Qc, Canada
Anybody tried to install RC4?

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
I just installed RC4. Audio and video work. Looks great.

Tags
canola2, devel-extras, rc1, rc2, rc3