Notices

Poll: Do you think we need a fully functioning Last.fm scrobbler?
Poll Options
Do you think we need a fully functioning Last.fm scrobbler?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
When I listen to an audio file on one of my computers, the Last FM scrobbler notifies my Last FM account and updates it. Then the little widgetty thing on my scrapbook carries a note of what I was most recently listening to. Last FM can also be integrated to things like twitter (aggravatingly if someone you follow listend to a lot of music!)

I know that maemo will stream internet radio (which I assume means that next summer I will never struggle to find Test Match Special! Hooray!!) but does it have anything that will act as the Last FM scrobbler? If not, could it have?

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
There is maemoscrobbler and works just fine.Canola2 also scrobbles with last.fm plugin and Vagalume is for last.fm radios.

I hope we can have maemoscrobbler in n900.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
http://maemo.org/packages/view/mafw-lastfm/

The built in Media player utilizes MAFW.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Thanks. I would never have found that by its name.

Is the TuneWiki application a full player version, or just the useless lyrics-search one on the S60 Ovi Store currently? If its the full version it should have lastfm player functionality, along with all the other TuneWiki goodness...

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
MAFW is great for scrobbling, but unfortunately there still isn't any working Last.FM streamer. You can, apparently, use their website, but we all know that's not nearly as good of a solution as an app like Vagalume or Canola.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I wasn't able to get mafw-lastfm working... and it's too bad... it's one of the few things I'm missing right now.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
The one in extras-devel seems a little broken. The version in its git repository has a control panel applet, where as the extras-devel version does not. Fine by me, but the extras-devel version does not create ~/.mafw-lastfm like it is supposed to so we can edit the settings manually, for the time being.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
The one in extras-devel seems a little broken. The version in its git repository has a control panel applet, where as the extras-devel version does not. Fine by me, but the extras-devel version does not create ~/.mafw-lastfm like it is supposed to so we can edit the settings manually, for the time being.
Yeah, i went through all that... the md5summing of my password and all... always got BADAUTH anyways. :/

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Yeah, i went through all that... the md5summing of my password and all... always got BADAUTH anyways. :/
You probably have to use "-n" as parameter for echo in the command line when md5summing (the code in the documentation is wrong):

Code:
echo -n "yourpassword" | md5sum

Tags
application, audioscrobbler, fremantle, last.fm, last.fm scrobbler, maemo, maemo 5, mafw-lastfm, request, scrobbler, social networking, vagalume