The only way I can think of is that the launcher uses transparent gifs. That means, we may have to assign our own icons instead of using the ones that came with the original software.

Luke

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Helsinki, Finland
Actually, I almost have a version with trasnparent background. The only missing thing (and that's the reason why new release is not available yet) is its configurability: I'm sure some users would prefer to have it non-transparent. As soon as I implement it (it does require some time ), the new version will be released.

On a related note, different icon size also requires configurability...

Last edited by MishaS; 2007-04-09 at 07:41. Reason: removed too many 'I's :)

Originally Posted by MishaS View Post
Actually, I almost have a version with trasnparent background. The only missing thing (and that's the reason why new release is not available yet) is its configurability: I'm sure some users would prefer to have it non-transparent. As soon as I implement it (it does require some time ), the new version will be released.

On a related note, different icon size also requires configurability...
Give us 2 different Versions. One without Background and one with the transparent one ;-)

Hi Mishas,

Perhaps you could release a version that solves the bug of the main screen going white first?

Luke

Originally Posted by luketoh View Post
Perhaps you could release a version that solves the bug of the main screen going white first?
That one is a tricky one I checked (briefly) with maemo-af-desktop author and we agreed that without further investigation it's not clear whether it's a bug in simple-launcher or in maemo-af-desktop. On the other hand, chances for a new version of simple-launcher to be available sooner than later are much higher than for maemo-af-desktop So I'll probably to write a work around in simple-launcher anyway.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by MishaS View Post
That one is a tricky one I checked (briefly) with maemo-af-desktop author and we agreed that without further investigation it's not clear whether it's a bug in simple-launcher or in maemo-af-desktop. On the other hand, chances for a new version of simple-launcher to be available sooner than later are much higher than for maemo-af-desktop So I'll probably to write a work around in simple-launcher anyway.

For now ^that may be the "most/best" way to go about it as the original img is still retained and only requires a refresh...

Thanks again, BTW.

Hi Mishas,

I think if the white background issue could be fixed, for now, that would make it good enough. Thanks for the excellent and hard work!

Luke

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
looking forward to the new version

Originally Posted by luketoh View Post
Hi Mishas,

I think if the white background issue could be fixed, for now, that would make it good enough. Thanks for the excellent and hard work!

Luke
Agreed! Can't wait. Good work. Thanks.

It seems that now I have a competitor Please try https://garage.maemo.org/projects/idea/