Active Topics

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
I'm feeling really ******ed, but i've now spent 3+ hours trying to get this running.

Is there any chance of an up to date guide?

i don't even have a memory card, why would it default to a non-guaranteed location?
Just copy the installed game and cds contents anywere you want in MyDocs, edit /home/user/.gemrb/gemrb.cfg and change the paths to the ones you just copied the files to. You should also have to change the GameType property depending the game you are trying to run.

The Following User Says Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
i did that then changed everything in the cfg.

running it as root in console gives:
emRB Core Version v0.7.0maemo4 Loading...
[Core]: Initializing the Event Manager...[Core]: Initializing Lists Dictionary...[Core]: Initializing Variables Dictionary...[OK]
[Config]: Trying to open GemRB.cfg [NOT FOUND]
[Config]: Trying to open /home/user/.gemrb/gemrb.cfg [OK]

**contains another dir**
[Core]: Cache path /home/user/MyDocs/bg2/cache doesn't exist, not a folder or contains alien files!
[Config]: Trying to open /etc/gemrb/gemrb.cfg [NOT FOUND]
[Core]: Could not load config file [ERROR]
Press enter to continue...

i did that then changed everything in the cfg.

running it as root in console gives:
The cache directory must exist and be empty, Don't run it as root.

okay, so ran it again, not as root, and gives exact same output..
?

okay, so ran it again, not as root, and gives exact same output..
?
Did you either create /home/user/MyDocs/bg2/cache or deleted it's contents?. According to
Code:
[Core]: Cache path /home/user/MyDocs/bg2/cache doesn't exist, not a folder or contains alien files!
the cache directory doesn't exist or contains files not generated by gemrb

hey, sorry for all the trouble and thanks for your help.

apparently i fell victim to a transmission-induced error which forces mydocs into read-only mode.

although new problem, bladurs gate 2, screen is in nicely, intro videos play nicely, but i cannot actually select anything.. ?

just presented with "throne of bhaal" "shadows of amn", but i cannot select either, nor "quit game"

music is playing perfectly and the cursor is correctly themed.

Last edited by optimaxxx; 2012-01-31 at 17:06.

hey, sorry for all the trouble and thanks for your help.

apparently i fell victim to a transmission-induced error which forces mydocs into read-only mode.

although new problem, bladurs gate 2, screen is in nicely, intro videos play nicely, but i cannot actually select anything.. ?

just presented with "throne of bhaal" "shadows of amn", but i cannot select either, nor "quit game"

music is playing perfectly and the cursor is correctly themed.
Were you able to fix the problem? I'm in the same situation.

Version 0.7.1-maemo1 available in extras-devel

New features
  • almost all iwd2 feats
  • encumbrance penalties in movement
  • configurable xp/damage adjustments per difficulty level
  • support for logging to file directly
  • iwd2 armor penalty and critical hit multiplier
  • beginnings of iwd2 spellbook support
  • vlc plugin for extra video formats
Improved features
  • (iwd2) effects, actions, combat, action bar, infravision
  • sdl renderer and an initial sdl2 port
  • config loading, logging
  • cocoa wrapper and mac build, cursor handling, touch input
  • bugfixes

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the effort, however there are couple of issues specific for the maemo version:
  • The worst one: I can't pan the map (the one where the actors walk) in the vertical direction. There are two factors:
    • I have a Czech kbd-version of n900, where the up/down cursor keys are replaced with Blue+Left, Blue+Right. This combination in GemRB does not work
    • The extreme top and bottom of n900's screen is not clickable, nor I can drag the mouse cursor to it. Since I do not use wide screen mod, there's a free space on the left and ride side and I can drag cursor there for horizontal panning

Would it be possible to use more natural touch input to pan the area? Possibly it requires new SDL, but the support for it is in GemRB code (at least for Android or iOS).
  • A mean to magnify a part of the screen would be helpful, but probably too tricky...
  • Better legible/bigger font for chat dialogue/message screen. I believe other phones have that with TTF support in GemRB
  • For some reason, some button labels are shifted too low, as if it was anchored to letters' top instead of center - see for example BG1's main menu - some buttons have correct labels, some don't. This problem is not visible on a PC

Cheers, Edheldil

The Following User Says Thank You to edheldil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edheldil View Post
  • The worst one: I can't pan the map (the one where the actors walk) in the vertical direction. There are two factors:
  • I have a Czech kbd-version of n900, where the up/down cursor keys are replaced with Blue+Left, Blue+Right. This combination in GemRB does not work
  • The extreme top and bottom of n900's screen is not clickable, nor I can drag the mouse cursor to it. Since I do not use wide screen mod, there's a free space on the left and ride side and I can drag cursor there for horizontal panning

Would it be possible to use more natural touch input to pan the area? Possibly it requires new SDL, but the support for it is in GemRB code (at least for Android or iOS).
You could try setting TouchScrollAreas=1 in your /home/user/.gemrb/gemrb.cfg to workaround this.

A mean to magnify a part of the screen would be helpful, but probably too tricky...
Tricky indeed...

• Better legible/bigger font for chat dialogue/message screen. I believe other phones have that with TTF support in GemRB
  • For some reason, some button labels are shifted too low, as if it was anchored to letters' top instead of center - see for example BG1's main menu - some buttons have correct labels, some don't. This problem is not visible on a PC
You could try your customs ttf fonts, to do this set the following options in your gemrb.cfg file:
GemRBOverridePath=/opt/maemo/usr/share/gemrb
CustomFontPath=<path to your custom fonts>
then edit /opt/maemo/usr/share/gemrb/override/bg1/fonts.2da to set your fonts for BG1 (look here for help editing this file).

The Following User Says Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post: