After a month and a half and hundreds of submissions from 62 members of the Maemo community, the new maemo.org logo has been chosen: TheÂ* logo is from Glauber de Oliveira Costa (aka glaoliver) of the INdT team, who wins a trip to the Maemo Summit at Berlin and the new Nokia N810 Internet Tablet WiMAX Edition. Glauber also provided someÂ* ideas on how the log would appear on shirts and accessories, which we hope we'll see at the summit: Â* Congrats Glauber! Links: Official Announcement maemo.org Official Contest Page All the entries
Read the full article.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
thumbs up for the new logo!!!

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Looks good to me..

Looks good. I have to say that I liked the möbius band one a bit better, though...

I like the simpleness of it.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Austria
Nice logo!

Looks nice

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
I have to be honest, I had a couple interesting ideas that I thought of implementing (design wise), but as soon as I saw Glauber's entry I knew it was over. No offense meant to the other entries, but I find that Glauber's entry is very fresh and fitting. Plus with all the gear that already had the logo on it.... deal-sealer.

Great job Glauber, congratulations!

Jon

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA

Interesting....

I got "Almost Infinity" from it,
...at first glance.

I'd buy a dang coffee mug if it had that abbreviated logo on one side and the full logo on the other.

Perhaps some can be put on sale, auctioned, or sent to random iTT members from the summit ???

Visualy, I think it rocks glaoliver. Congrats!

Your a/e configuration and its contrast hint at a continuing symbiotic process.

Last edited by YoDude; 2008-08-01 at 02:13.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
[CENTER]I'd buy a dang coffee mug if it had that abbreviated logo on one side and the full logo on the other.

Perhaps some can be put on sale, auctioned, or sent to random iTT members from the summit ???
https://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_...#Merchandising is where you can find the information about merchandising plans for the Maemo Summit. Go propose and discuss, please. My colleague Jussi Mäkinen is in charge of coordinating this task.

Tags
logo, maemo.org