Notices

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia/Bratislava
famguy10: very tricky, near impossible
vb_mich: not possible.

yea i gave up a while ago. seems you cant do custom levels for angry birds pc version

you cannot for demo version, which is obvious, I would do the same. However if you buy the game from Intel AppUp, you are able to use custom levels.

Last edited by forcer; 2011-09-01 at 21:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to forcer For This Useful Post:
if i already have angry birds do i have to buy a new one for intel app up? well they certainly can stop us from making new levels but they will never be able to rid of the older ones tht are already made once somethings on the internet you cant get rid of it

Last edited by famguy10; 2011-09-13 at 22:27.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm confused, forcer: in one post you link to a text file that says Rovio sent you a cease and desist letter... but it seems people are still making levels? I tried reading through everything but just got lost... what's the current state of the editor? I'm hoping it's still okay to use...

Last edited by Texrat; 2011-09-16 at 07:12.

editor can work stand-alone, send me a mail if you want to use it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forcer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by forcer View Post
editor can work stand-alone, send me a mail if you want to use it.
The reason I'm asking is that I'm putting together a presentation for AppUp Elements that touches on Angry Birds. I had hoped to say that Rovio supported community initiatives like this one, as Miika did originally-- I just can't find a trail that leads to them changing their stance.

Feel free to PM me if need be, thanks.

Hi forcer so you mean you are still willing to distribute the level editor? If yes please do have a copy for me. I'm a big fan of this editor for almost a year now. Just stopped making some levels 2 months ago since I was busy with work. Was shocked to read what texrat said and the one I saw on the level editor page

Would love to email you but I don't know what your email is. Would you mind uploading it anywhere and give it? Or PM the link to me here at tmo.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
The reason I'm asking is that I'm putting together a presentation for AppUp Elements that touches on Angry Birds. I had hoped to say that Rovio supported community initiatives like this one, as Miika did originally-- I just can't find a trail that leads to them changing their stance.

Feel free to PM me if need be, thanks.
As far as I understood, the only problem is with artwork I use from original game, however I'm out of time doing my own artwork for the editor, so I pulled it off the page.

My email is on the page of the editor, feel free to email me.
I'm willing to distribute my work on the editor, whoever wants to create their own artwork is free to do so. I won't distribute Rovio's artwork, as that would be illegal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forcer For This Useful Post:
ok cool, that stinks that it otherwise got shut down, ill send you an email to get the address and stuff.

Last edited by famguy10; 2011-09-17 at 18:32.

Tags
angry birds, level editor