Notices

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venezuela
is there such thing? ...hi, i've had my N900 for a year now, and been waiting for this feature, being able to share a pic with someone you're having a chat with, not having to upload it to facebook or pixelpipe or sending it over email, that seems like too much trouble for something that should be quick, besides, if you want like a file .pdf or something for work, you can't upload it on facebook or those sites.

i haven't been checking talk.maemo for a while, so i don't know if an app for this has been developed, but i used search and couldn't find what i'm looking for... this just seems pityful for this pocket-pc not to have this feature and cheaper cellphones do.... and what i'm most surprised about it's that noone seems to be missing it, i couldn't find many threads of people requesting it, or much interest in making one...am i missing something?

Try this?
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/monorail/

The app is called File Transfer

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Originally Posted by rikisky View Post
is there such thing? ..
use this to upload your files too, (FREE)
and then copy the link and share to your contacts anywhere on you r N900!!! amazing right?

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=318

The Following User Says Thank You to lolloo For This Useful Post:
that's just like uploading it to a host like mediafire or something, i don't think thats what we need, besides, you can't recive a file that way... i can't believe that N900 doesn't have IM file transfering built in, or that no one has worked on getting it

The Following User Says Thank You to rikisky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
This is the only thing I really miss...having to send by email all the time it's a little frustratiing!

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
yeah thats really ****ed up

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
is there such thing? ...hi, i've had my N900 for a year now, and been waiting for this feature, being able to share a pic with someone you're having a chat with, not having to upload it to facebook or pixelpipe or sending it over email, that seems like too much trouble for something that should be quick, besides, if you want like a file .pdf or something for work, you can't upload it on facebook or those sites.

i haven't been checking talk.maemo for a while, so i don't know if an app for this has been developed, but i used search and couldn't find what i'm looking for... this just seems pityful for this pocket-pc not to have this feature and cheaper cellphones do.... and what i'm most surprised about it's that noone seems to be missing it, i couldn't find many threads of people requesting it, or much interest in making one...am i missing something?
pidgin messenger lets you send files...

The Following User Says Thank You to tele For This Useful Post:
pidgin messenger lets you send files...
no, it doesn't.... or at least not for me.... you've got proof on how to work this?

no, it doesn't.... or at least not for me.... you've got proof on how to work this?
when you have signed in.
start a convo with someone then at the top it says the name of the person
tap that, then go to conversation
scroll down the list (right one) and you will see send file...
select the file.. tthen wait until it sends

wait, are you talking about the pidgin protocol thingy? that shows up like (haze) for msn? it doesn't show for me... are you using it on MSN? maybe i need to install/uninstall something else?