Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
lol what?
I want to type in numbers only aswell like when entering the PIN code of my sim. I always end up using the stupid tiny qwerty for entering my code
I dont know how to explain it better... There is no qwerty. There is a numeric keypad. And although letters are shown on it, i cant activate them. Not by holding them down or anything,

Btw I have probably entered 100 codes by now and it doesnt make any difference... It doesnt lock it more...

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
A numeric keypad with * and # ?
Just a guess:
what about switching input by long-press the '#' (as it was possible on some symbians/nokians) ?

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
A numeric keypad with * and # ?
Just a guess:
what about switching input by long-press the '#' (as it was possible on some symbians/nokians) ?
Hi Peter.

Thanks for trying - but there are no * and #, and there is no long-press option - even if I held the buttons down for an hour! :-)

I just triede to lock it remotely from Track&Protect (http://www.trackandprotect.com) - after all I thought I couldn't make any difference, since the phone was already locked.. But that has no effect either. I even did it while I was on the phone with the Danish Nokia Care Support, to make sure they were not going to blame me, if the phone has to go to repair.

Basically there are three options at trackandprotect.com: Lock, Wipe and Locate. Lock and Locate doesn't work - or at least they make no difference. (Except I'm now 10 EUR poorer) The only thing I've not yet tried is "Wipe" - because - yeah, that's what I'm trying to awoid!!

Nokia Care Support has already escallated this issue to their development (I guess we're talking Finnish with those guys) - but there IS NO MASTERCODE for the Nokia N9 that will unlock it, according to them.

They say that I should send it for repair - and I will, and loose all data Just thought I'd try everything else before...

Br,

Morten

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
This is a rather large bug. Nokia phones are supposed to have a default lock code set.
Who knows what happens when you have software that expects a lock code value in there and gets none?

I wonder if Phoenix is able to set one for you.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
This is a rather large bug. Nokia phones are supposed to have a default lock code set.
Who knows what happens when you have software that expects a lock code value in there and gets none?

Yes, it certainly is!

What is Phoenix??

Best regards,

Morten

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post

More exact statement would be
This is a rather large well known standard Nokia bug.
It appeared for a bunch of E-Series users. Some of them could get rid of it by entering their MfE password (of course with possibility of alphanumeric password input),

Originally Posted by MortenS
What is Phoenix??
Phoenix is a Nokia proprietary software handed out only to NSC/NCC. It may (fully) flash / reset your device and do a lot more stuff (read/write to secure memory locations, you are not aware of at all).
As always: there are versions out in the internet. But do not try yourself, you will make it worse.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
If the N9 supports dead USB mode (and being a newer Nokia phone it likely does) you can simply change the lock code provided that your Phoenix version supports the N9.

btw
This is quite literally the first page of Google.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-12-14 at 11:26.

My understanding is that the default lock code for the N9 is blank. Try entering nothing and see if it will let you log into the phone. Good thing you've been able to try it this many times without it wiping.

Also, have you tried hitting the numeric keys multiple times like you would do to get to the letters on T9?

Originally Posted by coomac View Post
My understanding is that the default lock code for the N9 is blank. Try entering nothing and see if it will let you log into the phone. Good thing you've been able to try it this many times without it wiping.

Also, have you tried hitting the numeric keys multiple times like you would do to get to the letters on T9?
Hi Coomac,

I tried both.

1) It's not possible to press the "OK" button without entering at least one digit. I can enter up to 25 digits! Of course I tried all the intuitive combinations like "0000" "1234" "12345" "9999" etc.

2) Hitting the numeric keys multible times results in multible digits, not letters. It does NOT work like the T9, unfortunately.

Best regards,

Morten

I didn't dare to start with Phoenix - thanks for the advice though!

I send it for repair yesterday, and today I was informed that they're just going to wipe it with a new installation. Goodbye contacts and data! :-(