Poll: Random Reboots on N900
Poll Options
Random Reboots on N900

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
I do not think the poll gives enough options nor is to clear enough. It should needs to state RANDOM reboots, just saying reboot doesn't even make it clear what you are asking unless you already know of the random reboot issue.

Personally, I have only had 1 random reboot.

Also the big problem is people having them with nothing extra installed. If someone only has random reboots after installing something from extras-devel then surely you don't want them voting on the poll as that's they caused the problem themselves, rather than it being an issue with the N900 as stock.
umm the poll does say random reboots?! not just reboots like u have said it does, also if you read my first post it asks for random reboots out of box. but im sure you would of known that if you had read the thread? douche bag lol

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Those with rebooting issues probably have apps from devel installed.
No they certainly do not. Look, those with rebooting N900s know exactly what they have, it cannot be mistaken. They reboot roughly every 10-30 minutes with heavy use and can go for hours while not being used. They reboot straight out of the box, nothing installed. They reboot even when reflashed.

The Following User Says Thank You to bsving For This Useful Post:
Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
picked mine up yesterday and all is fine so far. fingers crossed for the next 18 months now!

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Those with rebooting issues probably have apps from devel installed.
Not true - my phone rebooted just hours after I got it, and the only major thing I had done was enable an SIP account.

people who respond "no reboots" did not stress yet their device. Mine reboot when i play a video, seek in it ,close it, open an other one, seek etc... many times (but not especially fast)

I got a random reboot one time when I was hopping from program to program. I've had it one week and only one random reboot so far.

Last edited by captainqtp; 2009-12-15 at 11:13. Reason: readability

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Århus, Denmark
My device began rebooting right out of the box (rebooted twice while I was setting the clock). No installed software; approx. 30 reboots, apparently random.

Eventually, the device became unresponsive, and can no longer boot. Sent back. Another N900 (we bought two) is performing without a hitch.

Got a replacement N900 - has been performing without a hitch for 4 hours now. Update: A day later - still smooth sailing.

/Niels

Last edited by bouvin; 2009-12-16 at 11:02.

had mine in the UK for a week. no reboots.

i have the american one, my reboots only sometimes like a couple of day, but not all the time

Currently have an uptime of over 10 days.

Tags
fremantle, lack of quality control, maemo, maemo 5, n900, poll, problem, reboot, shine my boots