Notices

Hi,
Suddenly my media player in N900 stopped working.Whenever I try to play any video or song it comes up with "Unable to perform Operation" error. Whenever the player starts the volume will always be 0. I try to get it up and again it gives the "Unable to perform Operation" error. I would really appreciate if someone can help... Thanks

If all else fails, reflash it.

Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
If all else fails, reflash it.
I was wondering if there is any way other than reflashing it.

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by kirangp View Post
I was wondering if there is any way other than reflashing it.
already tried to reboot?

tried rebooting and uninstalled any apps or plugins that link with media player. didnt work.Looks like reflashing is the only option

Getting the media player to re-index all of your media might have been a good thing to try too, if you've not already gone ahead and reflashed - or if anyone else finds this thread and has the same problem, as per this thread.

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
I've run into this problem a few times now. Re-indexing everything doesn't fix it for me; I always end up having to reflash.

It usually happens soon (but not immediately) after I install mobile hotspot, but removing the packages for that doesn't fix it, so I imagine the cause is something else I tend to do around the same time.