Active Topics

I am bored, reading all tech gadget websites searching for any possible rumor / announcement on next generation Lumia having multi core processor and HD Resolution. Its been a long waiting game. When can we all expect some announcement. My N900 is getting aged and I am looking for a replacement soon. I don't like the look of SGS3. Don't know anything about Galaxy Note 2 or iPhone 5. Just like its predcessor, Windows 8 indeed have a very good UI with a lot of exciting features. So I would definately prefer a Lumia over iPhone or Android.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Not sure if Nokia will be able to last long enough to release any new phones. Not a fan of WP7/8 but realistically speaking, only time will tell.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post:
Their best selling Lumia 900 is already obsolete after the announcement that it will not be upgraded to WP8. So people will not buy an obsolete device. So they have to release their next generation Lumia in order to capture the market. Lumia 900 was a hit despite having mediocre specification. But those specifications were because of OS limitation. With WP8 I don't know Nokia should feel reluctant in hurrying its next generation high end Lumia to capture the market again.

PS: I do feel a slight hope, of MeeGo's rebirth, When Nokia chairman Risto Siilasmaa about their Nokia's contegency plan in case WP8 fails

Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
I am bored, reading all tech gadget websites searching for any possible rumor / announcement on next generation Lumia having multi core processor and HD Resolution. Its been a long waiting game. When can we all expect some announcement. My N900 is getting aged and I am looking for a replacement soon. I don't like the look of SGS3. Don't know anything about Galaxy Note 2 or iPhone 5. Just like its predcessor, Windows 8 indeed have a very good UI with a lot of exciting features. So I would definately prefer a Lumia over iPhone or Android.
why this all or nothing? Get something else in the mean time. A lumia, a Symbian, a cheaper android, a tablet, whatever. Broaden your experience, than when the PureView Lumia WP8 comes, grab it.

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by specc View Post
why this all or nothing? Get something else in the mean time. A lumia, a Symbian, a cheaper android, a tablet, whatever. Broaden your experience, than when the PureView Lumia WP8 comes, grab it.
My budget is limited its difficult for me to buy 2 or more high end devices in an year. But here is the option I've considered. If I don't see any possibility of next generation Lumia by Oct. I will either go for iPhone 5 or Note-2.

PS: I have 2 SGS2 in my house with Mom and wife. So my exprience with Android is good and I have 1 iPad2 for dad which I use frequently as well

Last edited by maverick788us; 2012-07-03 at 06:51.

My budget is limited its difficult for me to buy 2 or more high end devices in an year. But here is the option I've considered. If I don't see any possibility of next generation Lumia by Oct. I will either go for iPhone 5 or Note-2.

PS: I have 2 SGS2 in my house with Mom and wife. So my exprience with Android is good and I have 1 iPad2 for dad which I use frequently as well
My point was NOT to go for a high end device (in terms of price) Get a Lumia on sale. You can get brand new ones, sim free, for 100 $, if you look around. An N8, brand new is 150, and so on. Or take a trip on eBay. Why put all your money in one basket?

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by specc View Post
My point was NOT to go for a high end device (in terms of price) Get a Lumia on sale. You can get brand new ones, sim free, for 100 $, if you look around. An N8, brand new is 150, and so on. Or take a trip on eBay. Why put all your money in one basket?
I am a high end technical enthusastic user therefore Symbian is too basic compared to Maemo, WP, Andoid and iPhone. The best option I can think of is get a Lumia 900 with good offer and then sell it or give it to my dad once Next Generation Lumia comes.
Thanks

The prototype HW has been around for a while, final HW might be slightly different but major components are baked in. So the answer to your question is more like when will WP8 be ready.

I think October is a reasonable time frame, given that Nokia will try to announce something in Nokia World, then take a month or two for devices to pop up in sales channel.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Rumors place is as stated above... October for WP8 hardware.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What about nokia world? They have to have something. A tablet would be nice before every other vendors coming up with W8 tablets. I think meltimi was one of the headlines before. But now? Lowend windows phones? I wonder if they turn this inte a windows 8 event and show the next generation of keyboard. I wonder hor that feels
http://wmpoweruser.com/new-arc-soft-...ndows-phone-8/

Im not talking release, but announcment and presentation.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-07-03 at 08:49.