Active Topics

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
Hello to all !
as NITDroid is getting more & more usable, i've decided to start this new thread where we will all talk about our mods (like in the "maemo 5 truly epic mods" topic)

- admins, if i chose the wrong category to post this or if it's not a good thread let me know -

My 1st mod is to improve the display (found thx to dj_steve) :

so here is THE thing : changing lcd_density to 240 in /system/build.prop file resolves every problem about resolution (like notification area) with the latest build !!

here is the procedure for those asking :

Code:
1st of all, you need to be on maemo 5 and have a text editor such as leafpad (my preferred, more user friendly than vi) installed and of course you need to be in root to do this ! ;)

run a xTerm session

root (or sudo gainroot, depends if you are in RD mode or not, or if you have installed another package to get the root access)
mount -t ext3 -o noatime,rw /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
leafpad /and/system/build.prop

then search for the line "f.lcd_density=160"
and replace it by "f.lcd_density=240"
(without the quotes - by the way, if it's too big for you, you can enter any number that you want but i would not recommand you to go beyond 240)

after that save it by clicking the upper contextual menu

exit leafpad

exit xTerm

reboot your device and voilaaaa !
screenshots :

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to titi974 For This Useful Post:
Isnt the lcd density thing like the dpi? If so, a value of 267 would be the correct number for the N900 right (3.5" @ 800x480)?

Also, what is the correct .kl file in /system/usr/keylayout for changing back/menu/home? I succesfully changed the back and menu button to the volume keys using the omap something .kl file, so I guess thats the correct one?

O and you can just use:

Code:
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
No need for all the extra parameters I think when messing around in the files.

Last edited by Gundogan; 2010-07-26 at 15:59.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
ooh good nice job titi974

I was just wondering how you did this!

..another "NITDroid Truly epic mods" would discover how to change the "bootanimation" ..

I read to move the new file called "bootanimation.zip" in "/system/media, but ........ how!?

How to change status bar color to black?

Might I suggest also posting this on the NITDroid forums and adding a nice big sign at the top of your post here? I see nothing wrong with posting it here... but as I've said before... cramming a whole OS into 2 (now 3) threads just ain't going to work.

http://forum.nitdroid.com/

EDIT: Forgot to mention thanks for the hack :P I've only had issues with a few games thus far.. but this'll make those more playable for sure.

Yeah thanks for starting to play with the files,
please if you find some values or files that can be modified,
help to fill the wiki-page I started some time ago:

http://wiki.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=N900-dirs

Fell free to extend the tables and everything else

Originally Posted by Gundogan View Post
Isnt the lcd density thing like the dpi? If so, a value of 267 would be the correct number for the N900 right (3.5" @ 800x480)?

Also, what is the correct .kl file in /system/usr/keylayout for changing back/menu/home? I succesfully changed the back and menu button to the volume keys using the omap something .kl file, so I guess thats the correct one?

O and you can just use:

Code:
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
No need for all the extra parameters I think when messing around in the files.
a big sign ?? in the topic name ? or at the beginning of the post ? saying what ?? x)

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Originally Posted by PePPeN20 View Post
ooh good nice job titi974

I was just wondering how you did this!

..another "NITDroid Truly epic mods" would discover how to change the "bootanimation" ..

I read to move the new file called "bootanimation.zip" in "/system/media, but ........ how!?

hey, i think that you need to unzip the archive before copying it, give me the link to the file, i'll see what i can do

PC :

The Following User Says Thank You to titi974 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Might I suggest also posting this on the NITDroid forums and adding a nice big sign at the top of your post here? I see nothing wrong with posting it here... but as I've said before... cramming a whole OS into 2 (now 3) threads just ain't going to work.

http://forum.nitdroid.com/

EDIT: Forgot to mention thanks for the hack :P I've only had issues with a few games thus far.. but this'll make those more playable for sure.
hey there is a thx button for that lol, and yeap you are right, but you can't mix up development, help and customisation together ... =S

PC :

Originally Posted by meShell View Post
Yeah thanks for starting to play with the files,
please if you find some values or files that can be modified,
help to fill the wiki-page I started some time ago:

http://wiki.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=N900-dirs

Fell free to extend the tables and everything else
doing it right now

PC :