Closed Thread
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by tlex26 View Post
You type to fast :-)
just type the first letter, wait for the contacts screen to pop-up and then type the rest.

I don't believe it's CSSU related.
I too have had this problem a lot lately. It's definitely a new behavior. I have a sound theme that plays an audible tone for every keystroke, so I know I'm succesfully typing the corect number of letters. Before CSSU it would just buffer those keystrokes, now it *consistently* drops the second letter. It's maddening.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
My N900 frozen twice today. Had to take the battery out and then frozen again... Hmm..

Recieved a call today!!!! could be to do with Cssu, will keep an eye in case I get another one will post back if I do

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
I just wondered if the CSSU is running out of steam as after the first few fantastic updates there doesn't seem to have been many updates of any substance for a while?

This thread now just seems to be used by posters blaming the CSSU updates for any problem they have with thier phones.

I will get my tin hat!
It's natural that some of the easier things happen first, and the more ambitious things take longer.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
weird bug. when i type in names from the desktop to pull up contacts, it consistently skips the second letter

paul becomes pul
fred becomes fed
etc
I confirm this behaviour lately.

The Following User Says Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
To reduce the amount of noice in this thread I have created 3 seperate threads for the three most discussed issues:
The Autorotate Thread
The Email (modest) Thread
The Transitions Thread

Hopefully, this will help in having more focused discussions.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
I am having this problem.

I installed CSSU, using MicroB from the web page. There was no error message. I rebooted. But there is no About Community SSU under Settings / General. I also installed CSSU Features Configuration. But the application couldnt identify my n900 as having CSSU installed. It just quit.

Any idea of what is wrong?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by turbowei View Post
I am having this problem.

I installed CSSU, using MicroB from the web page. There was no error message. I rebooted. But there is no About Community SSU under Settings / General. I also installed CSSU Features Configuration. But the application couldnt identify my n900 as having CSSU installed. It just quit.

Any idea of what is wrong?
Did you follow all the steps from here, running the "Community SSU" application and installing the "Maemo 5 Community SSU" update?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
To reduce the amount of noice in this thread I have created 3 seperate threads for the three most discussed issues
Issues should be discussed on Bugzilla: http://j.mp/communityssu-bugs

Thanks for the effort, though the CSSU team now have three more places to track; and tell people:

Can you make sure these links are in the appropriate first posts on those threads, please?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Issues should be discussed on Bugzilla: http://j.mp/communityssu-bugs

Thanks for the effort, though the CSSU team now have three more places to track; and tell people:

Can you make sure these links are in the appropriate first posts on those threads, please?

I only intended the threads to make life easier for the devs. I was hoping that CSSU developers need only observe the posts relating to their particular work (eg: modest), and can be saved from reading all the other nonsense. I did this now because, especially in the last few days, there have been many repeat postings in this thread of issues already mentioned, (and you really cant blame the posters- this thread is more than 2000 posts long and the search feature is crap), like the OMWeather behaviour, etc.

Anyway, I have added the above links to the threads.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade