Poll: Do your N900 have Dead or Stuck pixel?
Poll Options
Do your N900 have Dead or Stuck pixel?

Got mine yesterday, and already got two stuck pixels - figure they're not dead because bright and not visible on white background.

Tried running the website which does the colors flash, and the video on the main post, still nothing.

Is there any hope? Because I bought it in US and currently in Israel, I cannot ship it back to switch (at least not worth it for now..).

Also I heard jScreenFix is a good app, is there any chance it would work on maemo? (maybe in future)

Thanks.

OK, Just an update.

Ive got my second N900 now.
The speakerphone seems to work ok.

There are "less" stuck pixels now.

Ive counted 2 very small ones (evidently small from the screen res )

These are NOT in annoying positions ( both where the main menu button is ) so cant see them unless looking very closely with a black BG on full screen

Also now when i tilt the screen , there is "less" night sky effect with only a few shimmering pixels.

I can live with this so will consider case closed.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Just recieved my replacement n900 and I have 2 troubled pixels! One at the center which can only be seen when I tilt the screen so that's no problem but the other is a very bright white at the bottom right which I can always see at the corner of my eye...extremely annoying! I am not very impressed.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Russia
Get my N900 from repair after 15 days since I placed N900 to the NOKIA store where I bought it.
___BAD results, because there are still a few shiny dots (4 against 33_on_the_previous), only 2 of them can annoying - but they don't - 1 of these 2 is in edge of the screen. Medium brightness and they are invisible. So night sky have almost gone, BUT there a new one defect of the screen appeared. Now I have N900 with some kind of *something*, because I don't know English well.
Name:  DSC02955___.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  78.5 KB
That thing is visible by tilting and not annoying me too mutch, because most of the time I cant see it because seldom look my N900 from big angle. But I'am planning to get repair.

P.S.: there was Hard Electric Repair and Microcircuit ASIP 2-ch MIC EMI/ESD FILT 400UM BGA64129309 (or BGA6 4129309) was used as spare rart
P.S.№2: in receipt there was URL where commentaries about the repair that was made can be thrown. I did it

Last edited by talkMAEMOnik; 2010-01-31 at 17:20. Reason: about REPAIR that was made this time

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Hafnia
Ok sorry to hear your result, yes just continue to bother the repair department, maybe this time they will give you a new one.

Just today I went down to the repair office to complain about the long waiting time, been 15 days now, and they are still waiting for some spare parts, seems that I will get a new screen and new slider mechanism, they said expected to be finished next week, finger crossed that this is trye and everything will be fine when I get it back.

Just picked mine up today, NO dead or stuck pixels, slider is changed as well, feels much better when slided together. Me so happy have really missed my N900, going back to my N97 was not fun, so slow and laggy, and not fun to use at all.

Only little downside, is some micro dust particles under the screen, no problem, and will live with it (only it when I light on the screen with my flashlight).

im on my 3rd phone, no stuck pixels on either preproduction, 1st batch or the 3rd retail one

So I guess there are a few unlucky one's out there.
Same as the rebooting devices, a few flawed ones and the rest top notch.

Guess that the "messed up" one's have a pretty big chance to be mentioned on this forum, and that results in people thinking omg there are so many!!!

Well, people with a problem/ flawd device tend to look for a solution (I would...)

But great news they sorted you out OP

Last edited by Modell900; 2010-01-25 at 16:46.

i have a dead pixel, but it doesn't bother me. It is not really noticeable unless i try hard to look for it.

Here is a video of my fixed N900, still some flex when slider is closed but better than before, and oh yes no dead of stuck pixels, wery nice .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amSX1AJ1xTM

The Following User Says Thank You to whc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
I thought that's normal, mine is flexing as well, but you need to push it harder than you'd normaly do so it's a non-issue.

Tags
stop the pixel genocide!!, who is murdering pixels??