Notices

Originally Posted by matthewkuhl View Post
A proxy can be used if your IP is blocked on a particular server.
Read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server
well that didn't help... :-(

Hello, Hong Kong country station does not work...

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2014 @ San Diego, California
Originally Posted by genes View Post
Hello, Hong Kong country station does not work...
Can you be more specific? All HK stations or just one?
As previously mentioned, the list is potentially out of date so it is possible not all stations are current (i've already found a few dead stations).

The Following User Says Thank You to matthewkuhl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
The next update will have TuneIn integration (with other services possibly added later). The existing local database will be removed, and instead it will be possible to add stations from TuneIn to the database for local storage. This way, you can build your own local list of stations, instead of having 30,000 entries.

My website

GitHub

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
@marxian
thank you for considering tunein!
Anyway, if it was up to me, i would not discharge your great db since it's very good alternative at the online search.

If you add the tunein search, please consider also tunein's pictures, these would give a nice playing experience.

One more request, do you think it would be possible to add a setting into the N900 build to chose between Phonom and MAFW?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The next update will have TuneIn integration (with other services possibly added later). The existing local database will be removed, and instead it will be possible to add stations from TuneIn to the database for local storage. This way, you can build your own local list of stations, instead of having 30,000 entries.
Thank you, but i agree with xes' suggestion to use both - i can spare a few MB for an offline db (i have 14.5GB of offline maps, i can deal with 4.77MB of station dirctory )

Last edited by matthewkuhl; 2014-06-12 at 20:51.

Originally Posted by xes View Post
@marxian
thank you for considering tunein!
Anyway, if it was up to me, i would not discharge your great db since it's very good alternative at the online search.

If you add the tunein search, please consider also tunein's pictures, these would give a nice playing experience.

One more request, do you think it would be possible to add a setting into the N900 build to chose between Phonom and MAFW?
I've already implemented logo support for the stations. These will be saved to the local disk if a station is added to the database.

It's not as simple as adding an option to choose MAFW. I need to implement a player that uses MAFW instead of Phonon. If/when I do that, I don't see any reason to allow Phonon as a choice, since there would be no reason to choose it.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matthewkuhl View Post
Thank you, but i agree with xes' suggestion to use both - i can spare a few MB for an offline db (i have 14.5GB of offline maps, i can deal with 4.77MB of station dirctory )
The problem is that 30,000 entries is a lot, and slows down any operations that require calling the database.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Ahhh. Thank you

As far still can hear Radio 1 (essential mix).

What will happen with favorites?

Greetings.

PD: I know we still can on tunein.

Tags
internet, radio