Originally Posted by m2k View Post
My notification light for new emails doesn't seem to work after the update. Anybody else's. E-mail yourself and see.
This seems to affect only the primary account. Second email still notifies.

Originally Posted by mkex View Post
This seems to affect only the primary account. Second email still notifies.
So, I'm not the only one. Oh well, at least the other notification lights still function such as phone calls which is more critical.

Originally Posted by timperi View Post
After update my wifi wont stay connected.
I mean the connection gets stuck after a while of inactivity, and nothing works until i disconnect and reconnect the wifi.

It does this repeatedly so my wifi is really unusable at the moment.
timperi, since I seem to have a similar issue with my work WiFi, I would be interested if the problem persists for you if you try setting WiFi powermanagement to off.

Regards,

Chris.

The Following User Says Thank You to chrget For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Hulu.com no longer works.

It says I need to update my flash in order to watch shows. PR1.0 would play shows, but it was slow.

Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
Hulu.com no longer works.

It says I need to update my flash in order to watch shows. PR1.0 would play shows, but it was slow.
I think Hulu.com was prompting for "Flash upgrade" before any of the updates.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I have a problem with my 3 Sim card.It seems that I have double entries under phone, network and it messes up with my 3g connection.it connects and disconnects all the time due to this.Is there a way of deleting that duplicate network provider entry?

Thanks

Update successful.

Media plays great, no problems,
Streaming from Internet works fine
MicroB seems to be faster and If I'm not mistaken then it now supports more from flash (tried Epic War 3 from Kongregate, 2 weeks ago I tried another game and did not load)

MyMenu is a bit reordered (tested also Update, no change), Basically now all folders are alphabetically first and then apps.

rootsh storage space is about the same as before the update - before and now have 56M free

Confirm the email client notification LED bug. For sms and calls works

Ovi Maps seems to work ok, more features and looks good

Terminal has a new icon

Overall looks fine

Edit: The email client (Gmail) notification LED works - had took it off from setting

Last edited by Meelis; 2010-01-14 at 21:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Meelis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Stockholm (formally Amsterdam, London)
Has anyone experienced issues with streaming video over wireless using? It used to work prior to update not the video just stalls but sound is coming through only? If I copy the file local to N900 it works fine. Only issue is streaming.

I'm using PS3 media server http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/ so that I can stream to my PS3 aswell.

MP3's work fine its only the videos.

Has anyone else experiencde the same of similar issue.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I doubt it. Right now I'm debating where to file my request for a tiny enhancement to calendar: is it a bug, a brainstorm or a feature request? And I'm supposed to be working.
I tried. Thanks for the first one though. Here's to hoping your quick response will encourage others like myself to do the same.

Mostly I like how MicroB works. My main issue is that the links here are about 2 pixels big in standard view, so I have to zooooooom right in to change page in a thread. I have no wish to have the next page smack me in the face in full zoom.
Since you're one of 5 people that actually read the user's manual, I'm sure you know about microb's:

Options->Adjust view

I leave mine set to Large; Normal is too small for me. Also, since you mentioned it, a relatively simple way to customize your mozilla browsing experience is by creating your own local style sheets. A weak example is here:

/usr/share/microb-engine/defaults/profile/chrome/userChrome-example.css

but this link has most of the answers. It can be complex, but it's a path to the promise land. Especially if it doesn't break double-tap zooming. And that reminds of the page-up/page-down bug [writing on post-it].

I've done this stuff before, and over the next few weeks I'll be doing it again. The Internet Custom Styles wiki page could use some sprucing up, but this is a great thread that is referenced there.

And lastly, I just found these entries in the browser.desktop file. I'm wondering if anything here can help me with my problem; time to do some research...

Code:
[X-Osso-URI-Action-Open]
Type=Neutral
Method=open_new_window
Name=uri_link_open_link
TranslationDomain=osso-uri

I'm _really_ disappointed with this update!

I waited for this update like there's no tomorrow. I was hoping it to fix some bugs and bring features that I thought was critical. It fixed none of the bugs I suffered with this phone and neither got those features I was missing for.

Bluetooth
My Nokia BH-804 headset kept disconnecting on it's own within 30 minutes and not reconnecting afterwards. Headset shows disconnection but the phone thinks the connection is still on. This hasn't changed. This IS critical! Bluetooth is worthless!

Mail for Exchange
Server error, nothing new. So still no working google calendar sync. Or actually it created duplicates of every event in my phone. Yay!

Battery Life
Still not good:
5-7 hours if you have skype on.
max. 24 hours if your just connected to 3G. (little surfing)
couple of days if all the time disconnected.
(all meantioned times have very little amount of phone calls)

Calendar
Nothing new here, still very limited -> thus crap:
-No copy/paste of events
-No possibility to remove single event from repeated events.
-No advanced settings of eg. repeat monthly: day/date?
-What's with the lines showing your events in the monthly view? They don't even show if the event is at morning or evening! Finding an open space for an event/appointment from monthly view is way too slow and frustrating!
-Try to create an event and select that the event is ending next weeks Wednesday ... you'll get the timescroller (or how do you call it?). Now what's the date for that day? Hell, I don't know! I need to cancel the event creation and go see the monthly view to see the date! >
The calendar is simply awful to use. It needs a lot of updates to get it usefull ... or maybe somebody with programming skills should do a whole new calendar for N900!

If there would have event been Adobe Flash 10 update, but no. Still Adobe Flash 9 - so nothing new here either.

So for me this whole update brought absolutely nothing new! And I read somewhere that there were a rumor that Nokia would bring a new update somewhere between march-april. Still 3 more months just to wish that Nokia would fix these?! DAMN!

And I apologize for any errors in my text. English isn't my native language but I'm trying to do my best...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nozu For This Useful Post:

Tags
goodbye, sad sadavyk and messus