Active Topics

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ VENEZUELA
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
one big idea that is on android roms that could be useful with this application is using volume buttons to move cursor in text. for example, up moves the arrow right and down moves cursor left. will make the lack of hwkb easier for those of us who dont use swype.
It would be helpful.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
again, an oversight on my part because i dont use the built-in music app. AAAARGH, this is so annoying. i guess i just have to work on disabling the buttons, which means writing quite a bit of c++.

also means i cant develop it without a computer because ****ING NOKIA DOESNT RELEASE ALL THE DEV SOURCE PACKAGES IN THE DEV REPO.

just so you know, a good deal of the development for this was done on the phone while riding the train, with a btkb. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
We could just add those -dev packages into community repository, no?

[edit] btw. how would I start a camera app from the stand-by screen using the button monitor? I'm interested in long tap on vol-up key unlocking the phone and launching the app.

Last edited by ladoga; 2012-07-15 at 14:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Hello, how to throw the flashlight by double pressing power button ?

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by redgael View Post
Hello, how to throw the flashlight by double pressing power button ?
After closer look I think it's impossible at the moment. Why not double press volume keys? Or long press volume up --> flash ON release --> flash OFF.

It works from the low power mode.

how do u use the program? I have run the gui, do you have to run anythibg else in terminal?

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by ssciberras View Post
how do u use the program? I have run the gui, do you have to run anythibg else in terminal?
When in the gui press 'load default config' and it show in the boxes. Make your changes if any and press 'save config file' and if you don't make any also press 'save config file'. That should work atleast it did for me.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
I have not included all :s

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
this is a very useful app thingy. Yeah, the GUI may be ugly, but whether that's fixed or not, it still is very handy. Especially the torch part.

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
this is a very useful app thingy. Yeah, the GUI may be ugly, but whether that's fixed or not, it still is very handy. Especially the torch part.
glad you like it!

i dont use the gui myself, i made it for the terminal-wary. literally all it does is edit a text a file.

Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
We could just add those -dev packages into community repository, no?

[edit] btw. how would I start a camera app from the stand-by screen using the button monitor? I'm interested in long tap on vol-up key unlocking the phone and launching the app.
the development headers need to be repackaged by someone with a lot of time, and experience managing these things.

unlocking the phone when you press a volume key is quite tricky. starting the camera app is trivial.

you need to make a script that can be run as user that unlocks the phone.

this will start the camera, but doesnt unlock it:
action=cmd(camera-ui),volumeUp,longClickStart,screenLocked

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:

Tags
harmattan, nokia n9