Active Topics

I think for the "Enhance lock screen" it would be great if the lock screen was treated like an "extra" desktop... That way you could add whatever you want, including future app/widgets to it the same as in a normal desktop.

The brainstorm is progressing quite slow: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...e_lock_screen/

Maybe you guys should post your solutions there aswell?

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
If this turns out to actually be implemented...my iPod touch goes into the recycling bin...

just curious, wouldn't this be infringing Apple's patents?

but what ever it is..this idea is simply awesome !!

Using the lockscreen has an aditional desktop sounds okish, but doesn't make much sense since the device is supposed to be locked and I don't want it to accept any clicking/touching stuff...

The easiest way to get what you want working is actually to buy some bluetooth headsets with remote control, i personally use the SE HBH-DS 970 and they work perfectly.

I not one that cares about eyecandy persay, I'm all about functionality, that said. Why not simply make the volume buttons skip tracks while song is playing and device is locked. My idea is like this.

When device is locked, screen is off and music is playing:

1) Use volume buttons to skip tracks. One short press would skip/repeat a track. one long press would increase/decrease volume.

2) Two quick presses on volume decrease, would skip to previous track.

3) Use camera button as pause/play button. Long press of camera button would be 'stop'.

This would save developers a lot of hackery and time since its easier to implement.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-04-11 at 02:26.

Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
This is how my old Sony-Ericsson w810i did it and it was truly a great feature. That would definitely get my vote.

The camera key for play/pause seems like a sensible idea as well (the w810i had a dedicated button).
Long press on volume keys for me too - i loved this on my old SE