Notices

Yea. It worked very well. Thanks a lot

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Is there any way to change save type to flash 128 kb?
I want to play a hacked firered rom, but can't save ( as other users have mentioned before) and to progress in the game we need ingame save working. on gameboid we can select the save type and the save works there or in VBA on the computer by just selecting "flash 128 kb". On gpsp for psp (i don't kwow if it is a good comparison) it gives the user to change flash type.

Thanks

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
Recently whenever I open gpSP and start a game it would close instantly and the only way I can get a game to play is to first start pokemon emerald, close it then start another game. any suggestion to correct this.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by SSLMM View Post
Is there any way to change save type to flash 128 kb?
I want to play a hacked firered rom, but can't save ( as other users have mentioned before) and to progress in the game we need ingame save working. on gameboid we can select the save type and the save works there or in VBA on the computer by just selecting "flash 128 kb". On gpsp for psp (i don't kwow if it is a good comparison) it gives the user to change flash type.

Thanks
do one thing then.. start pokemon from your PC.. save the game inside it(inside game click to get those options like pokedex pokemon etc.. in that click save) and u ll c pokemon ***.sav in that folder(inorder to change the save type to 128kb go to file->emulator->save type->flash128).. take that .sav file and drop it in opt/maemo/usr/games..go to pokemon game and wait till it shows the main scrren.. there u ll c continue.. click it and enjoy then whenever you save a gave(the same save method as mentioned above) it overwrites it

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
Recently whenever I open gpSP and start a game it would close instantly and the only way I can get a game to play is to first start pokemon emerald, close it then start another game. any suggestion to correct this.
make sure u have the correct configurations for that game too.. or reload the config's once again and save them..

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Hi.

I just want to mention one thing.
It seems that some people here (I know that I did) has issues with flash format, and for me personally, the "save in PC and move .sav" solution didn't work out.

It seems as the configuration directory is /opt/maemo/usr/games/ - this is where saves are stored and such. However, there's a configuration file that has specific configuration for each game to fix compatibility (including save flash size). This file is in /opt/gpspm for me. This place isn't recognized by the GUI. The real solution should be making the GUI read/write to that directory instead of /opt/maemo/usr/games, but this should work as a temporary solution:

~ $ cd /opt
/opt $ cd gpspm
/opt/gpspm $ cp game_config.txt /opt/maemo/usr/games

Last edited by FIQ; 2012-11-20 at 13:52.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FIQ For This Useful Post:
after flashing the phone, I installed gpsp and quickload, quicksave don't work (I have set the key already)

Originally Posted by skate_boy92 View Post
after flashing the phone, I installed gpsp and quickload, quicksave don't work (I have set the key already)
Try typing this in xterminal and then try again.

Code:
root
chmod 666 /opt/gpspm/conf.gpsp
chown user:users /home/user/.config/Team16/gpspmgui/

still not work... >_<

anybody helps?

Tags
emulators, games