looking good maybe I have missed that info, you are planning to make two versions, which one is slided to the left and second to the right ? or it is slidable both sides ? (just looking at the pictures, that the position of camera is changing)

Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
One question: some time ago you said something along the lines of that these keyboards will all be tested and verified to be reliable before sending them, does that mean the quality is assured? If yes, you might have made me a pre-orderer/early buyer
Define quality...
For me quality is not only working (now and ten times after), but with a set of defined specs. When the price will be somewhere between €100~€150, I'd expect flawless functionality. Because I haven't heard any concrete definitions about quality (maybe subjective ones) I'd really like to judge myself. Especially when I hear this:
The keyboard works fine with native Jolla Apps, but not with Android apps either from Yandex or Amazon app stores...
I can say that there is no planned changes to this in update 8.
In my opinion, this is part of quality, I mean basic functionality

The Following User Says Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
"I can say that there is no planned changes to this in update 8."

We're currently at Update 9 opt-in so who knows what has changed. And besides: when TOHKBD hits 'the market' we're at least at Update 10 (if Update 10 doesn't get delayed, that is) so who knows what that'll bring.

Price is not gonna be 150 euros but agreed on the quality part. But I have no doubts Dirk'll make sure it's good quality

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
One question: some time ago you said something along the lines of that these keyboards will all be tested and verified to be reliable before sending them, does that mean the quality is assured? If yes, you might have made me a pre-orderer/early buyer
The quality control stickers
Attached Images

Last edited by HtheB; 2014-10-24 at 00:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by robnas View Post
Define quality...
For me quality is not only working (now and ten times after), but with a set of defined specs. When the price will be somewhere between €100~€150, I'd expect flawless functionality. Because I haven't heard any concrete definitions about quality (maybe subjective ones) I'd really like to judge myself. Especially when I hear this:

In my opinion, this is part of quality, I mean basic functionality
Yeah, actually I didn't have quality in mind when I wrote that post. I should've wrote reliability instead of quality. Quality is really tied to individual's expectations, so that's one thing hard to promise (though it's used in business in marketing purposes, most often it means nothing in that context, just a fluff word).

I do agree with your post though.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Yeah, actually I didn't have quality in mind when I wrote that post. I should've wrote reliability instead of quality. Quality is really tied to individual's expectations, so that's one thing hard to promise (though it's used in business in marketing purposes, most often it means nothing in that context, just a fluff word).

I do agree with your post though.
all noted and agreed. see pages 8 - 11 or so for exactly the same discussion with me agreeing in the end also

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
(though [the word "quality" is] used in business in marketing purposes, most often it means nothing in that context, just a fluff word)
I particularly like how it is used in ISO 9000. In that context, it means nothing but traceability. You can consistently produce total cr@p - as long as you keep a paper trail everywhere, you can get an ISO 900 certifiction. I have learned to treat the "ISO 900 certified" label as "stay away".

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I particularly like how it is used in ISO 9000. In that context, it means nothing but traceability. You can consistently produce total cr@p - as long as you keep a paper trail everywhere, you can get an ISO 900 certifiction.
Exactly. I took part in implementing ISO9001 to a subcontracting company a bit over 20 years ago. We actually got DNV-certified in the process.
Important thing in certification is the repeatibility and traceability of process.
It is not enough to produce total cr@p with nice paper trail, you also need to consistently produce the same cr@p all the time.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I have learned to treat the "ISO 900 certified" label as "stay away".
Well, consistent cr@p has a place in the order of things...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
I'm 200% sure Dirk will not produce ISO900 crap so can we please go ontopic?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
moar sooooon

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd