quick question - i can't get the / key on the Stowaway keyboard to register on the N900. any ideas on how to get this working?

Originally Posted by droll View Post
now to test a BT mouse. i don't have one with me. any suggestions on what to buy? (words cannot express my happiness. thank you again!!!)
good for you!! i have a think out side mouse and it works flawlessly..very small...any mouse should work though..
use extmou to get the mouse working.

as for the keyboard if you click trusted in bt setting you shouldnt have to do anything except pop open the keyboard and it connects automatically.

quick question - i can't get the / key on the Stowaway keyboard to register on the N900. any ideas on how to get this working?
i dont know what the issue may be. perhaps change keyboard in extkbd to generic 105. also change the language to usa..and leave bothe variants at none.that works for me. i can use everything on my keyboard with the exception of function keys and pounds , francs an yen symbol.

i notice the bunch of keys on the lower right don't work well (right arrow, del, /). the real crippler is / because it is used to key in / and \.

i've tried those settings (i've tried all the generic profiles), the language has always been USA and variants always none. still doesn't work.

i'm going to try and hook it up to a laptop via BT and see if it works. it could be physical damage to the keyb.

sigh. the keyboard is damaged. the 4 keys at the lower right (shift, right arrow, /, and del are not working. sighhhhhh

anybody selling a unit??

almost the same issue with my Think Outside BT keyboard. it is flaky. out of 10 times of repairing and reconnecting, i probably get one time where it works great. because i use RDP to remote into my windows desktop over a 3g connection, a keyboard made for a PC (with windows key, alt-tab support, etc) is great.

unfortunately, this experience has really put a damper on it all. i'm now trying to see if there is a way to keep the connection on permanently. when i use bluemaemo, the keyboard is permanently connected to the N900 (although i can't do anything with it). when it's connected via bluemaemo, the phone doesn't recognize it as an input device so it's useless.

under normal circumstances, the device connects, and then disconnects within a few seconds. hitting a few keys changes the colour of the BT icon in the status area indicating a connection but no keys are registered. this is what happens most of the time. yesterday, by chance, i managed to get it to work once beautifully. once i disconnect, it's connection-hell all over again.

there must be some command line utilities that can force a keep alive connection and make it register itself as an input device..

i really need a BT keyboard solution to this to fully utilize the RDP connection (and it's done over ssh! aaah!).
I could not get my Think Outside BT keyboard to work on the N900 so I recently purchased a Motorolla external keyboard for my wife's Xoom. I tried it on the n900 and discovered that it connects flawlessly and reliably, but it only seems to recognize the text keys.
Just thought I would report this consoling discovery.
J2u.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ lisbon, portugal
Hi. I just bought one BT keyb similar to this (http://www.dealextreme.com/p/49-key-...e-mobile-55401) but from BeeWi.
I have the same issues ont the FN keys. I believe thet this is not due to keys not workig cause I've paired it to mu linux desktop and the keys do work...but some of them are doing the wrong things. For instance FN+ ";" is the "EJECT" command and my dvd ejects.
One other thing is that the key layout maps to the same layout that is defined in the OS, for instance in my case, the ";" key translates to "ç" char (has I'm in PT) and have a portugues keyboard layout) and some other keys are misplaced also.
I think it is all in the keyboard layout mapping. I've been diging into this but it is a real pain. I even tough in building a xkbd layout, but (ITS A PAIN)

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I'm currently using this KB and experiencing that a connection (=registering keys) is only possible if i delete and repair every time, like the OP. Whereas i just switch my BT mouse on and it connects every time.
Also, in xterm <Enter> isn't recognized, only <CTRL+Enter>. The VKB pops up during this every time.

Layout is currently set to:

Generic 102-key (Intl) PC (as there's no special layout)
1st lang: USA
2nd lang: Germany
Both variants: None

Did i miss something?

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-02-12 at 21:07.