Active Topics

People didn't want to help enough to make it worth my time. Sorry.

Originally Posted by joefru View Post
So you deleted what you had done? Why?
Because me asking nicely for some questions to be answered didn't work. Because the FAQ had over 5000 views and I haven't been able to get 5 of my own questions answered.

So I'm making a point. Yes, it's a jerk thing to do (and I am a jerk for it) but just as you are under no obligation to help me, I am under no obligation to help you either.

People can tell me what a jerk and flame me all they want but that doesn't change the facts. I tried to help everyone and very, very, few tried to helped me. I only removed what I put onto the forums- any contributions made by others is still in this thead.

If people want to stop being so lazy and help out I'll be more than willing to help them too.

Last edited by robbh66; 2007-07-06 at 01:08. Reason: Updates

this is a great faq for all us wooters.

thanks

Great post... but you forgot:

Can I use USB devices with my 770? Yes! Be the envy of N800 owners http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=6802 (and many others)

What if I need more help? Use the search feature on the forums, then ask!

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by convulted View Post
Great post... but you forgot:

Can I use USB devices with my 770? Yes! Be the envy of N800 owners http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=6802 (and many others)

What if I need more help? Use the search feature on the forums, then ask!
Here in italy wee say "you put your finger into the plague", just to say that this is something already disappointing to be told once again

Omar (that sold his 770 a couple of months ago to get an N800)

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
Here in italy wee say "you put your finger into the plague", just to say that this is something already disappointing to be told once again

Omar (that sold his 770 a couple of months ago to get an N800)
Don't they also say in Italy "support for the N800 is like building a church"... it is never finished.

Good effort BTW robbh66.
Good luck with those essays.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Don't they also say in Italy "support for the N800 is like building a church"... it is never finished.
Guess this is more something familiar to Spanish guys (maybe MikeL would tell us something about it), you know the Sagrad Familia?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Thoughtfix needs to hijack this.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Gillingham, UK
Nice one Robb, handy pointers for those that recently woot'ed a 770

tyvm

Dave

I get this one all the time, and it's quite scary:

Q: What should I do if my 770/800 refuses to boot / boot-loops / is otherwise not responding?

A: There are some issues when cold booting a 770/800 on the charger - you will usually see this happen if you let the tablet batteries die, plug it in, and attempt to boot. Disabling the watchdog also fixes this, but that's a more advanced process with undesirable side effects.

To fix this, let your 770/800 charge for some time (let's say an hour on the safe side.) Unplug it from the charger, remove the battery, re-insert the battery, and attempt to boot. Once the device has finished booting, you may plug in the charger.

If the device still refuses to boot, you will need to disable the watchdog (linux required) or reflash.

Q: How can I get the 770/800 Software Update Wizard (on Windows) to use a locally downloaded firmware instead of re-downloading every time?

A: Disconnect/disable your internet connection. The Software Update Wizard will allow you to open a local file instead.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
You can actually skip the default internet image without disabling your connection.