[OT]
maybe i should update my footer.... mega troll?
[/OT]
and silence there was.... ¦-)

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Today (08/08/2014) the Nexus 5 alpha version of Sailfish (1.0.8.19) was released :
- download & install Sailfish on Nexus 5;
News :
http://siteshwar.github.io/posts/sai...nexus5-alpha1/
http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/development/rom-sailfish-os-alpha-t2841266
What is working :
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2014-08-08 at 22:54.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
yeahhhhh buuddyyy

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
If you haven't seen it yet, rusty88 from xda has made an image of sailfish for GS3!
Here are some more instructions and the download link for the image if anyone wants to give it a try

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bill_klpd For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Thanks everyone for sharing here what's happening at xda-dev, & elsewhere.
IIRC I saw a OnePlus One port commencing, & some other major makes/models.

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-08-17 at 12:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Any news on the Jolla Launcher for Android. As I recollect, a beta version was going to be released in August. Thanks!

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Any news on the Jolla Launcher for Android. As I recollect, a beta version was going to be released in August. Thanks!
Where did you see that??
The only things I think that are available are some apks to install on an xda thread (some are custom with some more ambiences if you haven't seen them)...

Last edited by bill_klpd; 2014-08-20 at 00:21.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
There really needs to be a Jolla Launcher thread @TMO for the folks who actually care about that...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
There really needs to be a Jolla Launcher thread @TMO for the folks who actually care about that...
Why don't you make one?
The only bad/weird thing is that there are also people doing some work on this on the xda forums and it's a pity that we can't/don't work together...
We could do something better!

P.S: Some guys there were talking about how to add more ambiences. So you had to decompile the package. It was the first time hearing about decompiling, so I have one question... When you decompile a package, does this mean you can see the whole source code, the one that the developers had wrote from the first time? If yes, why some times we bother about open source programs if it is easy to see the source code?? Sorry for this silly question

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
Where did you see that??
The only things I think that are available are some apks to install on an xda thread (some are custom with some more ambiences if you haven't seen them)...
It was mentioned in post 32 of this xda thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/joll...aking-t2795771

Not sure what their source is but I thought I saw it elsewhere too (not that it makes it true!)

There have been two releases that I know of. I've tried them on my note 3 and galaxy tab pro 8.4. The first release seem to work ok but the second seemed to crash a bit too much. Currently, for me, other launchers (like ss launcher) combined with some Xposed modules (like swipe) give a better overall experience. When Android L comes out, my guess is that the gap will widen.

I just got hold of a nexus so I hope to try out sailfish on it in the near future. I actually have a Jolla phone but don't use it as a daily drive. More fun just trying to get Sailfish to work on other hardware.

I kind of wish the N9 OS could be ported to android. That was about the best overall experience for me. Very well thought out.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:

Tags
mister a-hole