Active Topics

Notices

How can I force to redownload osm map data? map has changed since...

It seems that already downloaded rinnevalovarjostus works, but Mapsi cant download new, so I suspect the problem is in the wms-settings. It gives now socket operation timed out, but I checked with conky that it tries to connect the same sever (mymmeli.nls.fi) for the rinnevalo and normal mapdata, so its hard to say where the problem lies. I also tried the moottorikelkkareiti and they download correctly (no errors), but are empty at least in northern sawo.

I'll try the wiki again when the Nokia to Hildon Foundation transition is over.

Last edited by Kossuth; 2013-01-16 at 18:33.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
I found nice topo maps (WMTS) for Czech Republic here:
http://geoportal.cuzk.cz/%28S%28q1dq...3-gp&menu=3150

You can browse the map with Geoviewer

Maybe someone is able to make working server_settings.ini of these? (I have no clue where to begin with)

Last edited by ladoga; 2013-01-23 at 17:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Heik View Post
You had this feature in earlier version (did not always work properly, though), now I can't find the "Layer change on pinch zoom" option. Is there and if not, can it be put back?
I guess it has been moved to the "advanced settings", which can be opened by press and holding the settings (gear) icon.

The Following User Says Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dietyyli View Post
How can I force to redownload osm map data? map has changed since...
Not possible at the moment but I'll try to add that.

Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
I found nice topo maps (WMTS) for Czech Republic here:
http://geoportal.cuzk.cz/%28S%28q1dq...3-gp&menu=3150

You can browse the map with Geoviewer

Maybe someone is able to make working server_settings.ini of these? (I have no clue where to begin with)
The server seems not be working properly at the moment, but I'll take a look when it starts to work.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
@orava
May I ask what was/is wrong with the server? Some temporaty connection issue or something more specific? I'm asking this because it seems to work fine for me (as in, no problem browsing the maps through the web interface).

[edit] Now I see. The website seems to be in no graphics mode (plain text html), so maybe they are going thru some changes. Map viewer still works though. In post above I had a link to "WMTS view service - Base maps of the CR" section of the site (In case it's not working still.)

Last edited by ladoga; 2013-01-26 at 00:45.

Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
@orava
May I ask what was/is wrong with the server? Some temporaty connection issue or something more specific? I'm asking this because it seems to work fine for me (as in, no problem browsing the maps through the web interface).

[edit] Now I see. The website seems to be in no graphics mode (plain text html), so maybe they are going thru some changes. Map viewer still works though. In post above I had a link to "WMTS view service - Base maps of the CR" section of the site (In case it's not working still.)
It was some IIS server error message that I got, but after few hours it already started working. I also got that server working in Mapsi but it required some changes, so it won't work with the current versions. I'll try to release the new version next week.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orava For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India

Originally Posted by orava View Post
I guess it has been moved to the "advanced settings", which can be opened by press and holding the settings (gear) icon.
There it was, thanks.

Heikki