Notices

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
I've created a simple depth of field calculator for the N900. I used html and javascript and put everything in one file so you can run it locally. You can find it here:

http://www.robvonk.com/dofcalc/

As you can see, it's pretty basic (and ugly). If someone with more html knowledge wants to improve the design or have other suggestions, i'll be glad to update the file.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to robbie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Nice one, looks allright, plain and simple and easy to use Its not ugly, but then again not high tech either

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot for developing this, can you let me know what is that table below the DOF and Hyperfocal distance?

Originally Posted by robbie View Post
I've created a simple depth of field calculator for the N900. I used html and javascript and put everything in one file so you can run it locally. You can find it here:

http://www.robvonk.com/dofcalc/

As you can see, it's pretty basic (and ugly). If someone with more html knowledge wants to improve the design or have other suggestions, i'll be glad to update the file.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
It looks like its the near and far distances for the focal length and sensor type you set at different apertures and distances.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
As someone who's main cameras includes my beloved Leica M3 and Nikon F1 this is great

Will see how well it runs on Diablo but should be ok I assume.

Thanks!
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
just one comment: those tables must probably be refreshed after 35mm sensors gain over 30mpix...

but seems to work well, much better solution than surfing to dof calculator pages that run in webpages designed for pc screens.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Silicon Valley
Robbie, thank you very much for creating this and sharing it. It's a good KISS design, completely functional, and doesn't even require an app installation (which I was I was asking Uncle Google to find for me).

It's exactly what I was needed for my varied collection of cameras and lenses!

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Birmingham
It complains when entering a focal length less than 15mm... why would that be?

This happens with the original script not just Robbie's version.

Last edited by leighw; 2010-08-08 at 12:47.