Active Topics

Hi,
after almost two years more-or-less satisfactory use of the N900 I tried to email a picture. It did not work! I can enter an emailaddress, and it gets filed to the outbox, but then it sits there and fails to send every time, both by wifi or G3...
Is this an existing bug or am I missing something?

Paai

Originally Posted by paai View Post
Hi,
after almost two years more-or-less satisfactory use of the N900 I tried to email a picture. It did not work! I can enter an emailaddress, and it gets filed to the outbox, but then it sits there and fails to send every time, both by wifi or G3...
Is this an existing bug or am I missing something?

Paai
Have u ever send successfully attached a picture email before ?

My recommendation:
To wipe out the settings from the accounts.
and reconfigure it again (test with gmail first)
Check the size of the picture that you sent. send something small.

See if that helps.

To Configure Gmail: I am using this normally.
Dont forget to reconfigure the outgoing mail. Most likely your problem is at the outgoing mail.
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=78799

I never tried to email an attachment before with the N900. I have a Vodafone account, and the SMTP server is a Vodafone server. I just checked to see if Vodafone put restrictions on attachments, but no. In the 'edit account' settings, there is nothing that looks as if it does something wioth attachments...

Paai

I also added a gmail account that sends messages over the gmail-smpt server. I now find that very small attachments (a few kb) are sent, but pictures (400 kb) still doesn't work. They sit for a few minutes in the outbox 'sending' and then fail.

A collegue with an N900 can send pictures as attachments over his dovecot server...

Paai

I looked anew into the matter and I find that when I start from the email program, I can attach pictures. However, when in the picture viewer and using the option 'share' it does not work.

paai

Tags
attachments, e-mail