Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GyK2iegyU88

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
I dont know what those are but theres more when searching jolla phone vids

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Will it be possible to turn the android layer off? Like on/off with command or setting.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Will it be possible to turn the android layer off? Like on/off with command or setting.
You can uninstall the layer, or just use "systemctl stop [androidlayerservicename]"
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Well, actually, migrating from iPhone to Android nowadays is a pain for the normal user. They just lose all their friends and have to make new friends (in a manner of speaking.
Roger that. Got to experience that sh*t myself, when my gal changed Sony for iPhony, trying to synchronize those things.

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Anyone got this other side yet.it was said it should be sent ahead of the phone which means it should ship tomorrow or early next week. I'm interested what's so special about it.
Haven´t heard of anyone getting their TOH yet. Where was this said?

The Following User Says Thank You to Tujutzki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tujutzki View Post
Haven´t heard of anyone getting their TOH yet. Where was this said?
Somewhere at old Jolla.com

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-21 at 20:52.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Has anybody heard anything about data migration strategies? For example, how do I migrate all my contacts, calendars, etc. from the N9 to the Jolla? Or will I have to find out myself? Uploading all your personal life to google/apple/m$/etc. doesn't count of course.
I'm using SyncML on N9 now, using the N9's native but hidden Buteo middleware, which is part of MeeGo. I expect Jolla to support SyncML as well, and as well using Buteo since it's part of Mer.

So I hope that for SyncML users (ownCloud, Memotoo, etc) "migration" is little more than entering the correct credentials and poof, all calendar, contacts, notes are on Jolla. SyncML can do more, like syncing SMS, bookmarks, files, but the N9 never went that far

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
I'm willing to bet some goodness comes our way tommorrow...

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
for the last 12 years, i synced all devices from different companies by just plugging them to my computer via USB / Bluetooth and sync with Outlook / Lotus Notes ... but this is not wanted by phone companies anymore. everything must be in the "cloud" meh

Last edited by Leinad; 2013-11-21 at 22:07.

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red