My Xperia is still hanging on while I wait for my Pro1-X but the speaker is completely dead and the headphone sensing doesn't work properly. This means to hear a call I have to answer then switch to the Audio Output app and select headphones (setting the output before answering sends the ringtone to headphones but not the call)

There surely is a way to select a default for this but does anyone know how it would be done?

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Been doing some digging, looked like I can set a default in /etc/pulse/client.conf but it doesn't do anything on reboot. There's also /lib/udev/rules.d/90-pulseaudio but that has a warning that it will be overwritten on update so that's not the place. /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets contains a default.conf but that contains different types of sound rather than linking it to a specific app (unless a call contains a specific type of sound?) Noting these so I know where not to look tomorrow as much as anything as I'm not expecting anyone to have played with this.

Last edited by suicidal_orange; 2022-04-11 at 19:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
I can set a default in /etc/pulseaudio/client.conf but it doesn't do anything on reboot.
Are you saying it works but reverts back after rebooting?

The Following User Says Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
Are you saying it works but reverts back after rebooting?
The change in the file stays but after rebooting it's still using the default "output-speaker" where I want it to use "output-wired_headphones". Changing the file without rebooting doesn't change the device in use as it would need the service to restart to re-read the config so it's easier to reboot.

Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Been doing some digging, looked like I can set a default in /etc/pulse/client.conf but it doesn't do anything on reboot.
After not being woken up by my phone this morning I questioned this and only after changing this back did I get any noise out of my test alarm. So maybe this setting works despite not showing in the Audio Output app? Or maybe my phone is just more broken/temperamental than I thought...