Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
This all sounds horrible. No way I'm buying a N900 until this is addressed.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

For what it's worth, I have not had this issue.

*knock on wood*

The number that was accidently dialed was a number from my area code. My phone is completely clean no apps installed except brightness app. My phone works great it was a one time incident, if it did happen again than I would be def concern. I just thought it was really strange somebody telling me I called them when I know i didn't and when checking my recent call log their number didn't appear on it so I don't know what to make of it other than maybe i pressed a number accidently with the web browser open and it some how called the number?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Thankfully I have not experienced this issue on my N900. Wonderful device!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by mullf View Post
This all sounds horrible. No way I'm buying a N900 until this is addressed.
Professional exorcists have been recently employed at the Korean factory, so this should no longer be a problem.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
You know, a hard case would keep the evil spirits out!

Deuteronomy 13:6-10; 2 Kings 2:23-24; Judges 19:22-29

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mullf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by mullf View Post
You know, a hard case would keep the evil spirits out!
I doused mine in Holy Water,with a little unction, then whacked it with a large family Bible. It hasn't called out since.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
I don't know what to think. A few days after receiving my N900, I had it in my hands playing with it during a meeting, when the phone part of its schizoid personality rang for the first time.

I had a "WTF" moment until I remembered this was not my usual N810 tablet, but something not entirely unlike a phone with my SIM card in it. I had time to see the caller's name on the screen (a good friend who was in Contacts) before I hung up.

Later I called him back to apologize and ask what he was calling about; and he replied, "Me ? No. Didn't call you since last month". I insisted, but he didn't look like he was joking.

So: my N900, instead of placing untraceable phantom calls to others like a proper, decent prototype, is actually answering untraceable phantom calls from people who didn't call me.

Do you think I should send it back ?
Interesting. Do you have several phone numbers (and Skype etc. numbers) for that Contact, and have you checked that all of them are correct for him? For example, one of the numbers could be his old office number, and someone else in that office dialled your number.

The reason I ask is because the N900 incoming call log only shows the contact name, not which specific number he used to call you from, so the call might not have been from the number you think.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
it sounds a bit like the whole UFO's

everyone with the random calls in Utah?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Switzerland
I don't have my N900 yet (ETA now 21-Jan-2010) so I was astonished yesterday to receive a call from my grandfather who has been dead for 15 years!!

All I ever did was browse to http://maemo.nokia.com/ !!

Man, this is weird ****. As soon as I get my N900, I'm sending it straight back again.

The Following User Says Thank You to ralphb For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 needs a hardcase, possessed by satan, revenge of skynet