Ahh, yes. Thank you. Silly me. In my defense I just started to read these release notes for the new versions and didn't think to read for the older ones.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
Ahh, yes. Thank you. Silly me. In my defense I just started to read these release notes for the new versions and didn't think to read for the older ones.
Last night I attempted to upgrade 2.0.4.13 to 2.0.5.6 again. (If I count well this was about the 20th attempts.)
Seemingly the God do not want me this upgrade. I tried twice.
First, I accidentally cancelled the installation at around 35% (pressed CTRL+C in the wrong terminal window)
Second time my PC went blind at about 70%. I could see only a blank screen and an error message, and had no idea whether the install continued in the background or not. I waited half an hour trying to find workaround on my other phone but I finally had to reboot my PC.
After both of these attempts when I rebooted the phone, as @mautz suggested, I was able to connect to it from the PC with ssh.
However when I tried the 'version --dup' again, I got an error "Error message: Couldn't resolve host 'releases.jolla.com'"
I will try again. I think if my PC won't die in the middle of the process again, it will be success.
I have followed the instruction from here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Over the weekend I gave another shot to upgrade to 2.0.5.6. The install has frozen at 83%, then on a forced reboot the phone didn't boot into the rom again. I was able to ssh into it but cannot complete the upgrade. Same problem: couldn't resolve host...
I have found somewhere (don't remember) a long command to start/stop the wifi internet on Sailfish os but that didn't help either.
Anybody know how can I workaround this, please?

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Do you use USB to ssh into the device?

Can you ping IPs?

Have you checked the repos after the reboot?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Yes, I used USB.
Well, I have not tried to ping IPs and I have not checked the repos after the reboot as this was not mentioned anywhere so far.
Thank you for your suggestions.
I may try it again but don't think that any soon because now I would like to focus on the build. If I can manage to create a build 3.1.0.0 with CM12.1 base, hopefully I do not need the 2.0.4.13 anymore. We will see.
Once I am at home will post the hammerhead.xml.

Yesterday I didn't have time to continue my build process but I grabbed my hammerhead xml.
I remembered wrong because currently only the two suggested lines are in there (well almost the suggested with a slight change):
Code:
<manifest>
<project path="device/lge/hammerhead" name="CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_hammerhead" revision="stable/cm-12.1-YOG4P" />
<project path="kernel/lge/hammerhead" name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead" revision="stable/cm-12.1-YOG4P" />
</manifest>
Earlier I used the manifest xml of the bacon from here to mock up some extra lines which were:
Code:
<project path="hybris/droid-hal-version-hammerhead" name="mer-hybris/droid-hal-version-hammerhead-12.1" revision="master" />
<project path="hybris/droid-configs" name="mer-hybris/droid-config-hammerhead-12.1" revision="master" />
<project path="rpm" name="mer-hybris/droid-hal-hammerhead-12.1" revision="master" />
<project path="vendor/lge" name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge" revision="stable/cm-12.1-YOG4P" />
I will add these extra 4 lines into my hammerhead.xml and re-sync the repo, however I am not sure whether the path in the made up mappets line is correct.

Edit: The correct path of the muppet is 'vendor/lge'. From here.

Last edited by edp17; 2019-11-12 at 08:34. Reason: I found the proper path for the muppet

You are on the wrong path. You need to fork the device and kernel files, modify them and put the path of your fork into the xml file.

Take a look at 5.4 in the HADK.

For example, this is my hammerhead.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<project path="device/lge/hammerhead"
name="mautz-kernel/android_device_lge_hammerhead"
revision="hybris-13.0" />
<project path="kernel/lge/hammerhead"
name="mautz-kernel/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead"
revision="hybris-13.0" />
</manifest>

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
You are on the wrong path. You need to fork the device and kernel files, modify them and put the path of your fork into the xml file.

Take a look at 5.4 in the HADK.
Yes, that is the next step in the HADK I am planning to do.
Why do I need to fork/modify if I am not planning to push anything back to the github?

I only planned to follow the instruction from HADK and contribute my work to the github once I successfully have managed to build an installation. Until I don't have a successful build I don't want to litter github with my trying.

However, honestly, I already forked all necessary bits and am using those in my manifest file but I thought sharing the lines with the original paths.

Anyway, this is what I use in my hammerhead.xml (everything is pointing into my fork):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<project path="device/lge/hammerhead" name="edp17/android_device_lge_hammerhead" revision="stable/cm-12.1-YOG4P" />
<project path="kernel/lge/hammerhead" name="edp17/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead" revision="stable/cm-12.1-YOG4P" />
<project path="hybris/droid-hal-version-hammerhead" name="edp17/droid-hal-version-hammerhead-12.1" revision="master" />
<project path="hybris/droid-configs" name="edp17/droid-config-hammerhead-12.1" revision="master" />
<project path="rpm" name="edp17/droid-hal-hammerhead-12.1" revision="master" />
<project path="vendor/lge" name="edp17/proprietary_vendor_lge" revision="stable/cm-12.1-YOG4P" />
</manifest>

Just do everything as described in the hadk, You don't need to change much, because the example used in the HADK is the N5.

There is way to much stuff in your hammerhead.xml Remove everything except kernel and device project and path.

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Just do everything as described in the hadk, You don't need to change much, because the example used in the HADK is the N5.

There is way to much stuff in your hammerhead.xml Remove everything except kernel and device project and path.
Ok, thanks. I have used those two lines when I downloaded the android source. I just made up a new file with those 4 extra lines and planned to use it and re-download the android source again. I won't do that then. I will straight go to the next step 5.4.

A question.
I have seen some extra lines were necessary for other phones like galaxy S7, OPO, sony xperia z3c, etc.
Do you know what these other lines are for?

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid