Active Topics

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
GREAT!!

Can you please on your two n800 verify if there is any problem with fonts in microb after installing KDE.

I can not see any difference, but some people are saying there is a problem. I can not confirm. Can you open some pages in microb on the n800 with KDE installed and on n800 without KDE installed and see if you are seeing a font difference. It may be there but without looking at them at the same time I can't see any difference.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
Is it possible after installing KDE using this method to make the N800 boot to KDE by default or to install a bootloader?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
can I install KDE from MMC boot? or it has to be boot from int flash?

what is the exact file length for the MMC1 tarball? I have some problem in dl it....and this is the 4th time, 300865 kB sounds right?
Kdesup-3.5.8.deb is 20762 kB, sounds right?

TIA,

bun

Edit: MMC boot .9G int flash 4G mmc1 space, running MMC1 install, on 1st step, local-mmc1 failed "Unable to install local-mmc1". What did I do wrong?

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-01-09 at 04:49.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
If you want to boot from SD/MMC please see www.tablethacker.com for instructions.

bun, sizes sound right

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I have problem in dl the files. I tried the tablet and now using the PC, the tarball file sometimes dl as .2 Mb, sometimes as .3 Mb, and sometimes as 297 MB........I think I will try some other time.
I cannot trust those files and I think that is the reason for the failed installation.

bun

Edit: apparantly after the 1st dl, whether succesful or not, the 2nd onward dl can only get a .2mb file. What is going on?

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-01-09 at 06:01.

i can confirm there is a font problem. This install has changed my fonts to what looks like sort of a Terminal font. Some of the letters are broken, they dont display correctly.I cant explain it. All I know is that the fonts have changed. It could be as easy as a about:config setting. I'm looking into it

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Texas
My Microb fonts look like the fonts on KDE when using Konqueror as ROOT on the N800. The fonts look like thin lines.

"Life is too short to waste on sleep" - Johnny Cunningham

http://www.skibur.com

EXACTLY. Now what font does Konqueror use?

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Texas
I have tried everything to restore the default fonts. I changed the fonts on KDE to "Nokia Sans" hoping that it will set them on MicroB, but I got a no go. I tried to use default *.ttf files on the Tablet, but the settings don't stay. (Note: You can use "about:config" on MicroB to play around with fonts and other settings.) I might need to start from scratch to identify the problem. I will go as far as untaring KDE, but not SUP, but I'm not sure if SUP is the problem. I still don't know what is causing it. If SUP is not the problem, then KDE is overwriting some "links between files." I will see what I can do. :P

Linux Rulez!!!

"Life is too short to waste on sleep" - Johnny Cunningham

http://www.skibur.com

Is there an input method for keyboard or do we still need a bluetooth one to enter text in KDE (n800) ?
Maybe an app on symbian that emulate a bluetooth keyboard using the phone one could be usefull ... does it exist ?

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, koffice