i sent them an email asking to take a picture of a phone with their seller name by the side of it specially the 64 gb cyan and woopp they chabfe.the.availibility. i told them that since they are a new seller without any feedback i would like to see the picture before i make any pre-order (i was not going to even if he had the picture anyway). well that almost proves it being in stock a lie.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I think someone's taking the mickey

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by diegofigueroa View Post
Anyway it seems to be not available now:

"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
Wow! Sold out THAT quickly, did it?

Originally Posted by maluka View Post
I think someone's taking the mickey
What the hell does that mean? That's not an expression I'm aware of.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Taking the piss, taking the mick, taking the mickey...

Brit slang for making a joke.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
They are reporting an erlier release date for australia.
harvey normans is an official enough place. If its a skam ull get ur money back there too

Its an actual shop (franchise? wait.. is that what we call it? umm.. well there are many harvey normans shops around.. so they are a big enough company), so you can even go there yourself and pre-order it

HOWEVER i tried pre-ordering one and it no work!
if you check the details it actually says "Pre-order... coming soon"

so i guess this pre-order isnt up and running yet lol!

lame

either case, my friend that works for a mobile retailer said that they are expecting it in september (still unconfirmed exact date) and itll be on a nice cheap plan (well.. cheap enough)

The Following User Says Thank You to toki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Taking the piss, taking the mick, taking the mickey...

Brit slang for making a joke.
Never heard that one before, in all this time. :P Considering we're talking about a UR release, I find it highly inappropriate to use such cryptic local color. What a berk!

Originally Posted by toki View Post
harvey normans is an official enough place. If its a skam ull get ur money back there too

Its an actual shop (franchise? wait.. is that what we call it? umm.. well there are many harvey normans shops around.. so they are a big enough company), so you can even go there yourself and pre-order it\
Where? I've never heard of them and I've never seen one in my life--and I've lived YEARS on the west coast and on the east coast without ever seeing one. Or, are you saying they're mainly well-known outside the US? If so--does that make this a foreign import instead of a US distribution?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Where? I've never heard of them and I've never seen one in my life--and I've lived YEARS on the west coast and on the east coast without ever seeing one. Or, are you saying they're mainly well-known outside the US? If so--does that make this a foreign import instead of a US distribution?
sorry yes, if you refer to the link, and the posts in this thread after it, youll notice its in australia

(which is the reason why someone questioned teh relevance of the link to this thread)

The Following User Says Thank You to toki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by toki View Post
sorry yes, if you refer to the link, and the posts in this thread after it, youll notice its in australia

(which is the reason why someone questioned teh relevance of the link to this thread)
...And now I know!

for the ones interested, this is the reply i got from hotgadgets.... and yeah i sure will show you the pics once i have them too

Hello,

Yes I will be able to provide this to you as soon as I receive delivery of more stock within the next 10 days. Could you please provide me with your email address so I can send the attached picture to you.

Regards,

--- Original message ---

Since your listing of Nokia N9 64GB (Black, Cyan & Magenta) shows to be in stock and as you know too that you are a new reseller here in amazon would you be able to provide a picture of the phone (64GB CYAN) with your selling name just so I am assured to make a pre-order right now?
Thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Anybody else try looking at their Amazon.com storefront? They ONLY have the N9.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html...A2JYTBK6Y6WF62

I also love the technical details section:
Product Features and Technical Details

Product Features
MeeGo-Harmattan 1.3 OS
Will be delivered straight to your door on September 23rd 2011
heheh.. a store that ONLY sells this product and claims a 9/23 release date and labels the OS as v1.3?
even if they wrong, but to be honest Harmatan is more close to unreleased 1.3 than 1.2 Qt and webkit is never version just one examples

Tags
comingtoamerica, unicorns & myth