Notices

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Rhode Island
I had to re-install EasyDebian after a reflash and, much to my surprise, when I opened LXDE, it looked like this:

OOO also looked newer/different than I remembered it.

I then tried to install something I probably shouldn't have and broke Synaptic. I just reinstalled Easy Debian to save time/headache and it looked like it did before my reflash:

OOO looked as it did before the reflash, as well.

I really liked the first, presumably updated LXDE version. It seemed faster and more "finger friendly". It's probably something simple, like the right repository or something, that I need. Can anyone help? It's just that it takes so looooong to download that image file, I want to reduce the number of trial-and-error iterations.

Thanks! (This is on an N900, BTW)
Attached Images

Last edited by DrKlaw; 2011-02-25 at 02:00. Reason: Changing notification type.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
The black background is qole's easy debian customized version, the blue background is the standard lxde configuration like you'd see on your PC. I guess your config got corrupted so it went back to the default look.

Maybe try to delete (rename) your ~/.config/lxpanel/

Last edited by stlpaul; 2011-02-25 at 02:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
How did you get Internet Explorer and Adobe Reader on there?

If you like the blue background, you can change it by tapping-and-holding somewhere on the desktop, then changing the wallpaper.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
first of all the image you hav attached is of a device with a 4x3 resolution (probably 1024x768) which is not N900...
altho it can be achieved by
1) creating a new panel and adding pannel applets into it
2) and by changin window style by
Preferences>openbox configuration manager

i'v attached my LXDE screenshot..
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
@qole
now since the topic name is "Easy Debian LXDE Question" which is really nice... m havin a question..
i am using Multiget download manager which is running in the Systray in the attached image, its a real gud Dm but the problem is its having the temp in somewhere in debian filesystem and after completion it moves file the final location which we hav selected...

this makes it impossible to download very large files

is thir any way to change its temp folder location coz its not available in the settings..

thx in advance...

Originally Posted by qole View Post
How did you get Internet Explorer and Adobe Reader on there?

If you like the blue background, you can change it by tapping-and-holding somewhere on the desktop, then changing the wallpaper.
Oh, I just grabbed that picture from the web. That's not a N900 screenshot... Thanks for the tip. I'll customize.

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
The black background is qole's easy debian customized version, the blue background is the standard lxde configuration like you'd see on your PC. I guess your config got corrupted so it went back to the default look.

Maybe try to delete (rename) your ~/.config/lxpanel/
That did it! Thanks.

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
first of all the image you hav attached is of a device with a 4x3 resolution (probably 1024x768) which is not N900...
altho it can be achieved by
1) creating a new panel and adding pannel applets into it
2) and by changin window style by
Preferences>openbox configuration manager

i'v attached my LXDE screenshot..
do mind sharing the windows style name?i can't seem to find it man..thx

I have been able to customize, but one thing that keeps happening to me is that my desktop disappears along with the "My Documents" icon. Can't click-hold to bring up anything either. I can't get it back unless I replace the image (which is much easier now that I download/expand/transfer from my laptop).

Anyone ever see this?

Thanks again.

for taskbar appearance...
hold mouse on the taskbar n goto "panel preferences" thn select appearance tab and select image "background.png" i.e
usr/share/lxpanel/background.png (we are in ths folder by default)

start menu logo..
to change the logo of start menu go to the same panel preferences and select "panel applets" tab.. now in the list click on "menu" and press the edit button in the right and select the logo(png) you want make sure its size is 36x36...

for window style
goto start-menu/preference and select "openbox configuration manager" you will see alot of window styles in themes
the one i hav chosen is "Onyx"..

hope it helps..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post: