Question

I have about 100mb of games installed in the reserved 256mb part of my N800. I never play them and one, in particular, takes up about 85mb of precious system memory. How do I delete this one game with extensions from the N800? I have the EmelFM2l file manager in the tablet but I cannot find the directory where the offending game is located. Any help on showing me how to get rid of this app would be great. In every other way, the N800 is running without a problem. I have Diablo installed but have only 3% free space in the rootfis directory which, needless to say, makes me very nervous. I have two shdc 4gb cards installed that are nearly empty.

The Following User Says Thank You to remoran For This Useful Post:
Can't you remove it via the application manager?

No, I can't. I looked at tools within AM and no dice. I also looked at the file manager and that doesn't do it either. Great suggestion. Thanks.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
if you cannot find the game, how do you know how large it is?

Try running "du -s /usr/share/* | sort -n | tail" in a terminal.

"du -s /usr/share/*" computes the disk usage in kB for every file/folder directly under /usr/share.

"sort -n" sorts the output numerically.

"tail" gives you just the last ten entries, the biggest files/folders. Are any of those around 85000kB, the size you think the big game is?

What I see in usr/share are the apps running in system. What I can't find are the games that are installable (these are seen in the installable applications section). The program I want gone is openLierox with 7 level packs. Total size of this monster is over 200 MB, something that needs to be eliminated big time. Application manager does not have a delete option, (something unreal) so I need to find the directory. The other issue is that games are not listed as per the screen name so deleting something correctly is essential as you can well imagine.

TIA

Bob Moran

Try running "du -s * 2>/dev/null | sort -n | tail" in the root directory and then narrowing down the possibilities from there.

"2>/dev/null" redirects error output to /dev/null instead of displaying it.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by remoran View Post

Application manager does not have a delete option, (something unreal) so I need to find the directory.

The other issue is that games are not listed as per the screen name so deleting something correctly is essential as you can well imagine.

The app manager has a uninstall option. Just click the installed apps, then click openLierox. It should uninstall. I don't understand you. What is the screen name?

Open a terminal as root, and type

Code:
apt-get remove openLierox
This might work...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Tags
file, games, memory, system