Active Topics

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
on long presses, maybe have the button frame flash when its been pressed long enough. removes any guesswork about how long to press.

on long presses, maybe have the button frame flash when its been pressed long enough. removes any guesswork about how long to press.
My goal is to highlight all buttons in the UI when long press duration is reached. Maybe I'll get it done in the next release. Slowly trying to figure out how to make a statusbar plugin and not succeding.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
it just dawned on me that you have fixed (to a degree) a bug that nokia introduced with their last update of diablo. Basically, before that update one could have wifi in flight mode, attempt to open a url, have a small dialog show up and then it would make use of a saved hotspot if available. With the bug however it would claim there was no such hotspot around and open the selection dialog instead.

using asui i can have the N800 in flight mode, and tap the wifi button to have it go out of flight mode and connect to any available saved hotspot automatically.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
This app works only if you turn off device and plug it to the wall outlet. When is starts charging the power button opens advanced-systemui.

This app works only if you turn off device and plug it to the wall outlet. When is starts charging the power button opens advanced-systemui.
Did you install gdb to figure out where ASUI is crashing?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
I noticed a pattern like that as well Kroll. However, I can turn the power on and then plug the device in before I finish bootmenu, although I'm still on the original partition.
When ASUI crashes, my battery life drops about 70% because the light setting seems to be at 50% regardless of what I put into the display icon in the control panel.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
The device is under full load for about 10-20 seconds after desktop appears and it takes a while for the services to reply to the battery and governor requests.

When ASUI is started, the brightness is set to the last value you set it to. If the slider doesn't match the brightness of the screen then you probably have the ALS filter active and it doesn't work well with the advanced-brightness code used in ASUI.

Scroll down to the "volume and brightness control" section on the about page for instructions on disabling ALS on the n810. This also fixes the left thumb brightness problem.
That stuff I posted was just kind of random babble. I was insanely tired when I was posting that and I just pretty much typed up the boot sequence. I know it locks itself up for about 20 seconds after boot time, always has.
Also, holding down the flight button doesn't do anything for me (you said it'd turn off the services).
My point is this: If I am in flight mode, why would I ever need the wifi/bluetooth module loaded? I know wifi is 'off' but the module isn't. It's just a waste of memory. I normally turn into flight mode to save power (along with power saver on cpu governor), but I like to read my RSS feeds on the bus to my university. Having to turn them all off is rather annoying and somewhat tedious due to the right half of my touchscreen... having problems. (Can't even use virt keyboard on right upper half... wish it would break a bit more so I could use my warranty on it)
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Last edited by Mgamerz; 2010-11-12 at 03:21.

Also, holding down the flight button doesn't do anything for me (you said it'd turn off the services).
Do you have the test binary installed or just the 0.2.8 release?

As root:
/etc/init.d/advanced-systemui stop
mv advanced-systemui-test /usr/bin/advanced-systemui
/etc/init.d/advanced-systemui start

advanced-systemui (0.2.9)
  • increased size of mute button and added border
  • volume slider can not longer be used to change volume while muted
  • long pressing flight mode button stops ssh, wifi, bluetooth and gps services
  • ASUI is now always visible with a minimal interface when the device is off and charging
  • added secondary timer so hardware and service status is refreshed sooner when closing dialogs
  • markers show which buttons support short and long presses
  • short_tap_markers setting to enable short tap markers
  • orange highlight when button is held down long enough for a long press

The orange markers in upper left corner of buttons indicate it can be long pressed. If a button has an orange marker it will be highlighted with an orange border when pressed for one second, otherwise nothing will happen when you release after the second.

The service is started with a minimal interface when the device is shutdown but connected to the charger. Only battery status, temperature and clock is displayed and the touchscreen and hardware buttons are not usable. Disconnecting the charger will turn the device back off as it does without advanced-systemui installed. You will need to manually remove the starup script after each upgrade if you don't want ASUI to run while in this state.
Code:
rm /etc/rc5.d/S99advanced-systemui

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Oops! Holding power button when charging while off will boot the device and ASUI remains in the minimal interface. I'll get another release out quick to fix this and a couple other minor problems related to this state.

when the full screen clock is active, would it be possible to override backlight settings so that it could be used as a kind of desk clock?

Tags
bada blows, bada rox