Active Topics

do you know where can i download the bluetooth driver? so i can transfer files on my n900 via bluetooth to my PC or Mac. Because i'm still getting an error message "Connection failed to (name of my PC)" whenever i would like to transfer pictures from my n900 to my Pc and mac(my n900 could detect my Pc and Mac, its just that i get that error message). I can receive any files from my PC or Mac to my n900 though via bluetooth perfectly.

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
If you can detect other BT devices, you already have the driver installed and loaded into the kernel.

Being able to send to the N900 from your PC but not from your N900 to your PC sounds like a problem with settings in your PC.

Originally Posted by Joorin View Post
If you can detect other BT devices, you already have the driver installed and loaded into the kernel.

Being able to send to the N900 from your PC but not from your N900 to your PC sounds like a problem with settings in your PC.
On my Mac, i can browse thru my n900(n900 home/mydocuments only not including micro sd, from there i can drag the file and save it to my desktop) via bluetooth but i can't receive files from my n900 to my mac via straight bluetooth(not browsing thru my n900). Already checked bluetooth sharing and still "Connection Error" appearing.

On my Windows 7 PC, same as Mac I keep getting "Connection Failed" when i'm sending files from my n900 to my pc. i've already checked the settings for receiving the files and yet i'm still getting the error message.

any help please? thanks.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ BANGALORE
SOLVED: Bluetooth peripheral device driver solution - Windows 7

Bluetooth Driver for nokia n900‎
N900 Bluetooth Problem‎
Win 7 drivers for Bluetooth‎

1) install the bluetooth device driver such as the one that comes specific to your PC..,
(note: vista & win7 has default bluetooth driver, so every thing may work fine but install the specific one)

2) Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1 ) which you can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx
this works for both Vista and Windows 7.
Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configured the settings on the bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things you should do

3) Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' -Or- just right-click on Computer Icon and choose 'Properties' and then click on 'Device Manager'.

- You'll see an 'Unknown Device' named 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device'

- Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software" -Or- anyway you find it easy to bring up the Update driver window.

- Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

- Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

- Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose 'Microsoft Corporation', not Microsoft.

- From the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. Select one or the latest.

- Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is successfully installed.

Now, after manually updating the driver for your bluetooth device, in 'Device Manager' when you click on 'Bluetooth Radios', it should display one more item which will say 'Windows Mobile-based device support'.

that's it you are done

THIS WORKED FOR ME AND I AM ENJOYING BLUEMAEMO ON MY N900

INSTALL BLUEMAEMO FROM EXTRA-DEV
(use with caution, since programs on extra-dev may not be stable)

start bluemaemo on N900
click "waiting for connection"
right click on your phone in win7 and click on properties
than find services tap and wait till populates
choose driver for mice and keyborad and file transfer and bingo after apply win7 installed driver and now i have bluetooth connection and works great

SITE FROM WHERE I GOT THE SOLUTION
http://talk.maemo.org
http://www.sevenforums.com

Last edited by aathava; 2011-03-03 at 17:14. Reason: correcting errors

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aathava For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Thanks alot buddy. Great find/solution. Bluetooth now fully working for me.

i have hp 620 laptop windows 7 home basic

first time when i paired my n900 with my laptop,i could send files to my laptop via bluetooth,but i couldnt recieve any file from my laptop.
Then i started to search for solution , and i did the same procedure as above,but wierd things happend.
Now i can recieve files from my laptop to my n900,but when i try to send files from my n900 to my laptop i get message FAILED TO CONNECT TO PC

can someone help , ty in advance

Did anyone find an solution to the same problem but with windowsXP?

It seems like everyone else dont have this problem..this solution works for everyone except for me,fabiomanzoni and arigoni31

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
guys why dont you open the bluetooth icon with the right click on it anf then to receive a file and then try to send a file from your n900 .

p.s , unless you have tried already !