Active Topics

So with the N8, you could update your contact pictures with facebook pictures via apps like Social. I was wondering if there is anyway you can update your contacts pictures with their facebook pictures on the Nokia N9. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by chiron View Post
So with the N8, you could update your contact pictures with facebook pictures via apps like Social. I was wondering if there is anyway you can update your contacts pictures with their facebook pictures on the Nokia N9. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work.
If you log into your facebook account using the built in accounts app on the n9 it will download your contacts to your phone, you then have to manually merge the contacts with the phone numbers and this works 100%

Yeah I knew about that but it takes forever when you have over 1k contact... and I think there is no merging application out there as well but thanks for the suggestion!

i've noticed something else,

the profile picture of the facebook contacts downloaded into the phone does not get updated when the contact changes his profile picture to another.

so is there a way to refresh the downloaded contacts?

The Following User Says Thank You to spectrax0x For This Useful Post:
When you press the contact avatar in the one contact's overview sheet, you get a selection from where you want to have his/her contact photo. There it should show the current Facebook avatar. (given that your contacts are merged correctly)

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
When you press the contact avatar in the one contact's overview sheet, you get a selection from where you want to have his/her contact photo. There it should show the current Facebook avatar. (given that your contacts are merged correctly)
so far so good , but sometimes , like in my case, i have th contact merged with facbook , but it's not giving me the option to use the facebook avatar. it connects to the right facebook page and everything but it doesn't update the picture oO

with some contacts the facebook contact in my contact apps doesn't even have an avatar, how do i update those?

Originally Posted by spectrax0x View Post
i've noticed something else,

the profile picture of the facebook contacts downloaded into the phone does not get updated when the contact changes his profile picture to another.

so is there a way to refresh the downloaded contacts?
Simply connect to Facebook chat from your N9.
This should update the avatar of your Facebook contacts for those you've choose to display.

Originally Posted by ndingaman View Post
Simply connect to Facebook chat from your N9.
This should update the avatar of your Facebook contacts for those you've choose to display.
well i think i'll let it connect over night , i think this might take a while, a few are allready with an image. well let's hope after a night my contacts all have images.

Any idea how to fix the bad quality of the avatars taken from facebook?