Does anyone know of a way to enable power saving mode when the N9 is recharging? Two reasons:

1) Recharge more in a shorter time: if the phone is sucking less energy, then the battery should be able to fill quicker, which is nice if you're going to flip open your laptop for a bit but not be sitting next to it all the time

2) Get more recharge cycles out of portable battery packs, like: http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-Thun...9542933&sr=8-2

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to solatic For This Useful Post:
I think Nokia recieved many requests for this functionality to be removed as it made no sense to need power saver on when you were connected to a wall charger.

So apart from figuring out a way to bypass what they did and still active power saving mode, I don't think you can

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
in powersafemode(ACTDEAD) you are offline and wont receive phonecalls, you can get into that mode with simple init command, but as that its stupid as N9 is a phone, so you shouldn't do it.

Much better solution is not to use your laptop (max 500mA) to charge it, but to use some 1A charger, that way phone charges double the speed.

As for portable battery packs, have you checked if its charging the device with 500mA or higher. If your only getting 500mA, then you can just short d+ d- connections which will enable higher charging rates. (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83519&page=2)
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Is it safe to use a 2A charger?