Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
LATEST VERSION: 1.1.51

REBOOT YOUR PHONE AFTER INSTALLING YAPPARI!!!!

READ ALL THIS POST BEFORE EVEN ATTEMPTING INSTALLING THIS APPLICATION

UPDATE 11/16/2014 Yappari 1.1.51.

NO LOG, NO HELP. IF YOU WANT HELP PROVIDE A LOG

Log is located @ /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log
Since it is hidden you might need a special application like FileBox to get it if you don't like to use xterm.

I've decided to share with you all a Whatsapp client I've been coding for a while now.

You just need Qt and Qt-Mobility (I guess all N900 already have this installed but just in case)

THIS IS NOT NECESSARY IF YOU ARE INSTALLING YAPPARI FROM THE REPOSITORIES
Code:
apt-get install libqt4-core libqt4-dbus 
apt-get install libqtm-systeminfo libqtm-messaging
The preferred method of upgrading is via Application Manager

Before installing the deb file double check the download was successful:
Code:
$ md5sum yappari_1.1.51_armel.deb 
38005708acffc237e1112838cfac56e9  yappari_1.1.51_armel.deb
Here's the deb file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/skp7a0

You can load the client and after it logs in you can close it and it'll run forever in background (you can see it in the status area running). To quit the application select Quit in the menu. If Yappari can't find a connection it waits silently until you have one so you can really "set and forget". Yappari will never force you to connect to the Internet, but it will always connect to the servers if you have a connection.

Yappari is event based so if your client is idle then it does absolutely nothing (no threads, no while(1) loops, etc). This is to maximize battery.

The first time you run the application you have to type your phone number and country code. Don't type any leading zeroes in those.

I think it's pretty usable.

We can continue the development depending on the feedback (that is depending on YOU).
Attached Images

Last edited by Scorpius; 2014-12-04 at 16:04.

The Following 383 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
101aj, 48GX, 814d3, aBs0lut3z33r0, abuakram, abubakar, abufaisal.o, abuhdeab, Acidspunk, Acurus_, adunanzav3x, afaq, ahmadamaj, ajack, alexporta, alfmar, Alfred, Alicanto, amin007110, anapospastos, AnasSyria, ancow, andil, anitzine, anthonie, Ariadeno, arystocration, ashwin, ashyu, Ast007, atmosphere, AWasisto, axelpell, ayoub555, azad1top, baboo, Bahador, ballfresno, batarawatson, beobachter, beraxa, beresk_let, BertvanDorp, bharathkumarst, bigmargio29, bioepi, bipinbn, black-wizard, blackbird, BLC, bobnur, Boemien, bozoid, brz, budjer, BurakSarı, c4rl05, Camaron, carbonjha, cardenasmiguel, carharttguy, casketizer, cckwes, cdooh, cefspan, ceteigrek, Cholfo, christatun, cipper, cloud596, cmonman, cr.shaggy, crni_labud, D.Cent, D@vIcHoJD, Dalmo73, damagedspline, DaReaper, Dark_Angel85, datjomp, davdav, DAZYD2F, demludi, Demon_82, desolar, dexterous21, dgls82, didik.wahyono, didik74, dipack95, dipen_sanghavi, DJBENTZY, DJQwamii, drangina, Dre, drucula, DS McGuire, dzano, ed00, ename, enne30, ersanpermana, essamfayez, evgeniy1987, evujumenuk, exuss, Fabian Schölzel, faiv, fareed_xtreme, Fatalist, Ferfer93, ffha, figaro, Fillask, flexxxv, Flynx, Fox Skywalker, FrankT, FreddyW, geraldh, getnani, ghitly, gianko, giansgunit, gkhnkrts7, gng554, gorgezilla, halfdreamer, Hansie_k, hauslandbibliothek, hcavjr, HELLASISGREECE, Hellmur, helloct, hemant2422, Hensch, herrkommandant, Hitesh, HtheB, iDont, illo1977, imo, impeham, Imre, insanelysexy, Iosian, iosu, jcharpak, jecargo22, jellyroll, Jerex, jhonny, jistycs, jormartr, Joryn, Joseph9560, Jqwon, jtwoody, Kaamp, karmaneraka, kayaman_00, kent_autistic, kesava, kevloral, khaled_salem, king Ralphred, kinggo, KingKobraone, kinta, klinglerware, knarf, kornolio, Krakor, kunalapavan, LamboRDD, lazart, lebanez, leomax, Leonhart01, Lestat, littleSev, llucax, localhost, lorenzo, Lukas, m750, MadDev, mahdi343, mailcomx, MaKenZi, malkavian, marczolano, Marshall Banana, martinwozenilek, MastaG, master nightmare, mayhem, mayouy, MeeNu, melisa queen, menghao1993, Mesi84, MetalGearSolid, mkleung, mlwane, mnzaki, Mohammed Muid, montys2, mony123, MOREPOUR, mosiomm, mosmetic, Mr. Incredible, Mr.bot, mrbilli, MrPiNGo, mr_pingu, MusicAware, myname24, MyNokiaN900, n0idea, nad6234, naru, nemosucker, Netweaver, nexus101, NightShift79, Nobless, nokiabot, nokix, noorallah, Ntweat, nunks, Nutty, Oblivion129, optional106, osmanayman, oved_etzot, pakwarung, panjgoori, parkcj, patlak, patriotnop, peter2p, pfontana77, phap, phapsubongtoi, phil4444, pinoverclock, pistachio, pkz, player_one, pradip300, praveenchand, pursueky, q6600, R0mi, raaj13, radarman, Rados, raily, Ralph, ranbaxy, Ray-Ven, rayson, RDilus, reinob, renegade666, rewan, rgodinez, RiD, RikiN900, rnieuwl, rob_kouw, rodald, rostami008, RouterRebooter, rpjitendra, rpugsley, RRvW, Russe89, s4br0s0, safoo, sakya, salahkhani, samipower, sander4rs, sb37, Scharel, scy, semdev01, SeT, SG-1, ShahoOod, shazosbourne, Shinigamijim, shrijith1, sicelo, siegfreid, sifo, SimplyDan, sirpaul, Skaven2k2, skricciolo1981, slappy, sLumPia, Sohil876, solyaris, sombragris, Sourav.dubey, sperle, starkwiz, stlpaul, stone17, tanago, TARIKO, tcheupa, tcm34riu234h, TDSii, Tensuke, tgalal, The Wizard of Huz, thedarkus, tHMZ, Thomas82, ThomasAH, Tim_dB, tingu699, Tiran, TMavica, tokjan, tonypower88, TonyUkuk, trApsody, Tschaka, tusharpatel123, ukki, Ulle, unexpected, Ungoliant, Usman4life, valiant29, varunshaji, Verssetti, vetsin, viento23, Virtuality, visN900, Vlad_on_the_road, whayong, white_ranger, woussie, wow23, Wreck, Xananax, XiliX, xvan, xXSiLENt kiLLaXx, y2krocker, yelram, yongjie, Zentenario, Zero Six, zincholic, ZogG, zwevert
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
thanks man i'll give it a try
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Screenshots would be nice when announcing an application.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Ok, I uploaded a couple of screenshots....

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
great work ,was just wondering if you could upload it to repos .Will test it asap .i believe whatsapp far cry has been done finally .cool

The Following User Says Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
To upload it to the repos the software need to be Open Source (since the source code will be exposed) and so far I'm not sure it's a good idea, at least until I can release a decent version. As I said in the first post, this is pretty alpha.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
@Scorpius

mine failed to connect ! and i have that libs you mention at the first post !
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
u mind telling us what is needed to use this client?
One simply has to install the deb and dependencies or is there anything additional needed?
Like java etc?

The Following User Says Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
@sifo, are you a current user of the Java Whatsapp port? This release is only for people that have been using the Java port successfully.

@imo, you need to be a current user of the Java Whatsapp port. I don't think you need the dependencies there should be already installed on the phone, I put it there just in case.

Yappari is a native application (90% Qt, 10% GLIB) so you shouldn't need anything else.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
First, thank you for so great job

You said it doesn't support synchronization but that it add contacts in international format. So... I'm confused. I don't want to sync my phonebook because I don't want to give all my phonebook to Whatsapp Inc. Am I safe? Will you implement an option to not sync? It is a must for me.

Could it be used from PC like peterbjornx's Java port? Edit: Ops, just read that it's native for N900, so I suposse that running on PC is not possible now.

I registered with a false IMEI, and I would prefer to mantain that, but maybe I will try your program (if I could change IMEI from peterbjornx's port).

Last edited by malkavian; 2012-05-30 at 22:58.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp